Windows 10: Keyboard remapping

Discus and support Keyboard remapping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Morninglight-8, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Keyboard remapping

Hi,

I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around?

TIA

:)

Morninglight-8, Oct 7, 2018

2. Keyboard remapping

I don't think it's possible to remap the keyboard keys. At least there are not built in applications to do that.

Linley Meslier, Oct 7, 2018
  3. HolyDuck Win User
    Keyboard remapping

I've got an Asus M530W Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone device with full QWERTY keyboard.

Being Danish, I often need to use letters that aren't part of the UK English keyboard layout. They are, however, part of the symbols that I can access via the menu (or the special key in the lower right hand side of the keyboard), but that takes 4 or 5 clicks
    to insert in an email or a text message.

So my question is: does anyone know of a way to remap the keyboard? Specifically, I'd like to be able to assign the Danish letters æ, ø and å to the symbols I now get from punching the Fn-key (it's just a blue key, but functions like a shift key or a Fn-key
    on a laptop) and another key.

I've Google'd my way to a piece of software called AEKmap, but it doesn't seem very intuitive, and I was wondering if the remap ability isn't part of the Smartphone OS itself somewhere?

Cheers,

Anders

HolyDuck, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Keyboard remapping

Need to remap several keys on keyboard!!

My spacebar and backspace keys do not work, I wanted to remap them on the keyboard to other keys that I don't use. I've tried many downloadable programs like SharpKeys, but they are not working... I have Windows 10 and need to know if there's something
    else I can do to remap the functions of these two keys to another location....

stephenk666, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard remapping

1. Keyboard remapping - Similar Threads - Keyboard remapping

2. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  3. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  4. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used for mouse and keyboard functions in the near future. May I know when this option...
  5. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used for mouse and keyboard functions in the near future. May I know when this option...
  6. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  7. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard: I remapped <caps lock> to <ctrl> for Emacs, since that is the normal position for <ctrl> for us old folks. Once in a while I will hit <caps lock> and instead of it being converted to <ctrl> it will actually set the caps lock. Then every character I try to type will be upper...
  8. Caps lock key remap to <ctrl> problem with logitech keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...
  10. How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remap keys on wireless keyboard with windows registry in windows 10: My 'right shift' key on my wireless keyboard is not situated on proper place. I'd like to remap 'right shift' key to the 'print screen' key and 'print screen' key to the 'right shift' key. I haven't found a single post detailing how to do so. If someone could direct me to...