Windows 10: Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast

Discus and support Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10, Lenovo IdeaPad 5i. Anyone have any ideas what may fix this? submitted by /u/qwertyuiop-a [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qwertyuiop-a, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast

Windows 10, Lenovo IdeaPad 5i. Anyone have any ideas what may fix this?

submitted by /u/qwertyuiop-a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qwertyuiop-a, Aug 12, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Miracast connectivity issue

Thank you for your reply.

Here are the possible reasons why you cannot see the "Connect to a wireless display" button:

• The Display Adapters are having an issue.
    • The monitor you want to connect wirelessly doesn't support Miracast.
    • The graphics card installed on your laptop doesn't support Miracast.

Based on the information you've provided, the monitor you want to connect doesn't support Miracast. We suggest getting a new monitor that supports Miracast.

Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast c9f461a4-2012-4d2a-97b4-56da770c7def.jpg

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast

Keyboard repeat delay

Hi!

The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left (slow). I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change.

PatrickFeeney Tamayo, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast

1. Keyboard repeat delay resets to 'long' every time I connect to an external display via Miracast - Similar Threads - Keyboard repeat delay

2. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  3. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  4. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  7. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  8. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  9. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  10. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...