Windows 10: Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

Discus and support Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jesus2099, Apr 15, 2020.

1. jesus2099 Win User

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution.

This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops.

The solution is simple.

Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session.

Make sure to uncheck the Only apply when not on battery so it always triggers on open session login whether or not you are on battery.

Then add the following action:

mode con rate=31 delay=0

It will propose you to split that into command: mode, parameters: con rate=31 delay=0.

Accept that.

If you want to know which rate and delay are best for you:

Press Windows+R then launch "control keyboard".

In there choose your favourite settings.

Press Windows+R then launch "cmd".

Type the command: mode.

It will display the rate and delay settings.

Max rate is 31 fastest.

Delay is from 3 longer delay to 0 no delay.

:)

jesus2099, Apr 15, 2020

2. Always need to reset the keyboard repeat rate

Hi all,

I use win10. After restart or wake up from hibernation, sometimes the keyboard repeat rate is reset to some relatively slow value, and I have to manually change it back at Control Panel.

It happens randomly (or at least I haven't found any correlation with other things). Could anyone help?

Thanks!

Tengda Han, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Keyboard Repeat Rate/Delay Keeps Changing

I prefer my keyboard repeat rate and delay to be as high as possible. I've always enjoyed immediate response when typing or holding a key.

I'm not sure why this is happening or if there is any correlation in when it occurs, but my keyboard repeat rate and delay keep reducing to a very low level (presumably default settings). But the Keyboard Properties never reflects whatever changes are occurring.

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation Ow5rg.png

Every time these settings slow down, I'm forced to go back to these settings, and toggle one of the settings lower and then higher so I can Apply those settings. This resolves it, but it eventually returns.

How can I resolve this?

Ryan Foley, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

1. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation - Similar Threads - Keyboard repeat rate

2. Keyboard repeat rate keeps getting reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat rate keeps getting reset.: Hi, I'm having a really strange issue with the keyboard. Every now and then when I press backspace, it would delete very slowly. I would have to go to keyboard properties and adjust the repeat rate, even though it's set to the same level. This keeps happening. Any idea why...
  3. Keyboard repeat rate keeps getting reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard repeat rate keeps getting reset.: Hi, I'm having a really strange issue with the keyboard. Every now and then when I press backspace, it would delete very slowly. I would have to go to keyboard properties and adjust the repeat rate, even though it's set to the same level. This keeps happening. Any idea why...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  5. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  6. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation and workstation screen unlock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation and workstation screen unlock: This problem is found multiple times without resolution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-repeat-rate-and-delay-reset-after/5482e452-ce0c-41f0-a67a-49cbcea5618c
  8. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  9. How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay. These terms are inter-related. When you make active, any text field or an editor and, press and hold a single character key, it will immediately type the [...] This post How to set the...
  10. Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows: How to: Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows How to Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows If your Windows device has a hardware keyboard, you can change the character repeat delay and rate for when you press and hold down a...