Windows 10: Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

Discus and support Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 home 20h2 version . I have having a bug .My keyboard repeat rate automatically changes while I am working in my task . When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ApoorvKapsime, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

I am using windows 10 home 20h2 version . I have having a bug .My keyboard repeat rate automatically changes while I am working in my task . When I restart my laptop ,again it goes to its default setting . I have to restart laptop again and again.This issue is coming in from 1 weeks .please give me a possible solution.

:)

ApoorvKapsime, Oct 10, 2021

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 10, 2021
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Krishnan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I uninstalled the keyboard and mouse drivers as you recommended, then restarted, but the keyboard repeat rate is still slow and I cannot change it with keyboard settings. Any other suggestions? Many thanks. Joe

JosephBrunner41, Oct 10, 2021
  4. Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

Windows 10 - Keyboard repeat rate resets

I have a Lenovo Yoga 15 Thinkpad that runs Windows 10.

I have the keyboard repeat rate set to maximum (which means holding the key down makes the key repeat as fast as possible.) Whenever the computer goes to sleep, and then wakes back up, the repeat rate resets to a slower value (slower value means the keyboard
    repeat rate is no longer as fast as I previously set it,) even though when I check keyboard properties, the value is still set to maximum. The only way I have found to fix this issue is to manually go into keyboard properties and re-apply my desired setting
    every. single. time. I. turn. on. my. computer. Thankfully you can make a shortcut to that on the desktop so I don't have to go through the menus every time.

Allow me to save you some time. You are going to send a pre-typed response which shows you did not actually read my post, and this response will tell me to run a troubleshooter and then update my drivers. I have already done both of those steps, there
    is no need to do them again.

Lets move to the next section of your assistance flowchart. The one that actually has you look at my problem and find a solution.

For those who are not working for Microsoft and may be reading this, I have already found a posted solution which involves editing the registry values. I have also done that, to no effect. Put the computer to sleep, wake it back up, and even though the
    registry values have not changed, the repeat rate has slowed down.

Greg A Jensen, Oct 10, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

1. Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes - Similar Threads - Keyboard repeat rate

2. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  3. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes: I am using windows 10 home 20h2 version . I have having a bug .My keyboard repeat rate automatically changes while I am working in my task . When I restart my laptop ,again it goes to its default setting . I have to restart laptop again and again.This issue is coming in from...
  6. Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes

Keyboard repeat rate automatically changes: I am using windows 10 home 20h2 version . I have having a bug .My keyboard repeat rate automatically changes while I am working in my task . When I restart my laptop ,again it goes to its default setting . I have to restart laptop again and again.This issue is coming in from...
  7. Windows 10 Keyboard repeat rate settings change after restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keyboard repeat rate settings change after restart.: Hello. I would like to change the repeat rate for my keyboard, and it works how I want it to until I shut down/restart my computer. I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Please help....
  8. Crazy keyboard repeat rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crazy keyboard repeat rate: So, all of the sudden my keyboaard decided to haave a really fast repeat rate and almost no delay whatsoever. When I try to change those ssettings on windows and click apply, nothing changes! It is driving me crazy, I don't know what else too do, and as you can see, even...
  9. keyboard repeat rate problem

keyboard repeat rate problem: i bye new chines keyboard for my patato pc the problem i have is when i try to typing its go too fast and keep repeating keys but my big problem is when i try to play game i get hard to control in my character i change the keyboard also i try many method...
  10. Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows: How to: Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows How to Change Keyboard Character Repeat Delay and Rate in Windows If your Windows device has a hardware keyboard, you can change the character repeat delay and rate for when you press and hold down a...