Windows 10: keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly

Discus and support keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so my keyboard has this weird thing happening where if when I'm typing I were to end a paragraph then a moment later go back to it and carry on typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SarahFjOhn, Oct 9, 2018.

1. keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly

so my keyboard has this weird thing happening where if when I'm typing I were to end a paragraph then a moment later go back to it and carry on typing it would repeat a section of the paragraph as if I copied it even though I didn't. also when I'm in a paragraph and want to edit a few things I would try to add words to the paragraph but instead it replaces the characters until I finish the paragraph no matter what I do. this includes replacing spacebar keys and this is a real issue in writing. I've been told the insert key is supposed to stop this but it hasn't what should I do?

:)

SarahFjOhn, Oct 9, 2018
  2. LoganTank Win User

Keyboard repeats letters slow

I have a laptop with windows 10 on it and my laptop keyboard and my usb keyboard repeats letters slow i have filter keys on and I have tried to change the settings but it is still the same the driver is up to date but still does it. This happend by my
    cat stepping on letters on my keyboard Please help!

LoganTank, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 9, 2018
  4. keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly

My keyboard doesn't repeat the letters

So a while ago I got this new Toshiba Laptop but something like a month ago, my keys stopped repeating at all. After looking around on google, people said that I should mess around with the filter keys. After doing so, the filter keys do repeate at .5
    of a second, which is extremely low when I want to erase letters in a document. After looking for a bit, people said to deactive filter keys and it would go back to how it was, but doing that only makes the keyboard not repeat the letters at all once again.

Is there something I'm missing? I really need to write a lot and it's very frustrating when the keys don't repeat fast when I need them to.

Carlos EduardoFlores Moreno, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly

1. keyboard replaces letters, paragraphs being repeated weirdly - Similar Threads - keyboard replaces letters

2. Keyboard being very weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard being very weird: I have a 6-month-old hp envy 360. It is running windows 11, and is running the latest update. My keyboard, specifically when playing games, input delay will be unusably long. For example I might be going forward for a while, and when I let go of "w" it will keep going for a...
  3. Keyboard being very weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard being very weird: I have a 6-month-old hp envy 360. It is running windows 11, and is running the latest update. My keyboard, specifically when playing games, input delay will be unusably long. For example I might be going forward for a while, and when I let go of "w" it will keep going for a...
  4. Keyboard is being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is being weird: Okay so i am having a issue where whatever i type on my keyboard it does a command instead. Par example is when i type s on chrome it wants me to save or s on discord and it goes into the sticker tab. Does anyone know what to do because this happens often but i cant fix this...
  5. Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad: SO I'm trying to edit a saved game file in notepad to add some text to it. However, only the first line of the text I want to replace goes in the search bar. The text I want to replace it with doesn't fully go in the replace line either. for some reason. In the both search...
  6. Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I replace a full paragraph with notepad: SO I'm trying to edit a saved game file in notepad to add some text to it. However, only the first line of the text I want to replace goes in the search bar. The text I want to replace it with doesn't fully go in the replace line either. for some reason. In the both search...
  7. Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.: When i hold down a single key, the key repeats but not just when typing, but also when gaming and everything else. It is really annoying. When i hold down 2 keys, it works properly, but not when holding 1 key. It's hard to explain....
  8. Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.: Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing...
  9. Keyboard and repeated letters on the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and repeated letters on the screen.: Somehow I did something that caused my keyboard to repeat letters if held too long - Please help!! Thanks so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-repeated-letters-on-the-screen/4f577fb6-070b-4a41-9e2f-ef31c02be9f7
  10. Wireless keyboard misses out or repeats letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard misses out or repeats letters: Windows 10 Home USB cable keyboard works okay But wireless keyboard (Logotech K400+ or a Victsing touchpad keyboard) either miss out or repeat letters (iiiii etc.). I have tried all kinds of setting changes following google searches on this problem (but not really sure...