Windows 10: Keyboard Running Slow in Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard Running Slow in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been updating my laptop regularly whenever a new update comes out. But I noticed that after a certain update, it takes some time for certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rose Din, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rose Din Win User

Keyboard Running Slow in Windows 10

I have been updating my laptop regularly whenever a new update comes out. But I noticed that after a certain update, it takes some time for certain keys to respond to my typing. When I barely turn on my laptop, access it again after letting it sleep for a while, or just not touch my keyboard for a long time, certain keys would take a really long time to respond. I would either have to tap it multiple times or hold the key down for a while. It is strange because it is not doing this for my entire keyboard. Only my "7", "u", and "m" keys have this issue when my laptop is just starting up or waking up after me being away from it for a while. I am worried that these 3 keys would stop working altogether one day. Also, I have already checked that Filter Keys is off so I do not think Filter Keys is the issue. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with this? Thanks.

Modified the title from ***A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop***

:)

Rose Din, Nov 16, 2018

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    keyboard typing extremely slow windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard Running Slow in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard Running Slow

2. Windows 10 running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running slow: I had being used Microsoft Windows 98 to Windows 12 during last many years. However, I have worst experience with Windows 10 & 11. As both the systems makes user irritable & idle, whenever there is updates are available for above systems. If user delays to down load, install...
  3. Windows 10 running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 running slow: I had being used Microsoft Windows 98 to Windows 12 during last many years. However, I have worst experience with Windows 10 & 11. As both the systems makes user irritable & idle, whenever there is updates are available for above systems. If user delays to down load, install...
  4. Windows 10 running slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 running very slow: I recently deleted 5 GB of temp from the trash can and saved the important temp files and now my windows 10 is very slow, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-running-very-slow/49eb53d2-3333-42b5-8a6c-5df00018b7d8
  6. windows 10 running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 running very slow: Hello Windows 10 users My windows 10 is running very slow. Is there any solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-running-very-slow/7fefdc17-09e1-4b28-8d25-586d9d09b21c
  7. windows 10 running slow

windows 10 running slow: I purchased a new desktop with windows 10 i3, 10th edition, 4gb RAm. It was running slow since the beginning. So i added another 4GB RAM to it. But still it is running slow. what should i do?...
  8. Slow running Windows 10

Slow running Windows 10: I am having to post on here again as my Windows 10 laptop is running unbelievably slowly, for no apparent reason apart from the fact that Microsoft puts an update on, and everything grinds to a halt. To provide an assurance that i have taken all steps to keep my laptop...
  9. Windows 10 running slow

Windows 10 running slow: Suddenly for like 5 minutes my computer is running quite slow and then it goes back normal for another 5-6 minutes and then again and again. This hasn't happened before....
  10. Windows 10 is running slow!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is running slow!: My specs: Dell E6400 Bios version A30 Dual DDR2 SDRAM 2048MB 800MHZ Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26 Ghz Nvidia Quadro Nvs 160M 256Mb 320GB Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 Windows 10 Education My windows is running sort of slow. I was wondering is it because of my hardware? I just did a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow keyboard fix

2. why keyboard slow

3. delayed typing fix

4. slow keyboard,
  5. keyboard typing is slow in windows 10,
  6. keyboard is running slow win 10,
  7. windows 10 keyboard slow