Windows 10: keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

Discus and support keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1- In the keyboard advance setting it appears "some setting hidden by your employer" this is my personal PC and has been never subject to any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carlocampora, Nov 14, 2018.

1. keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

1- In the keyboard advance setting it appears "some setting hidden by your employer"

this is my personal PC and has been never subject to any of my employer.

2- In spite of having docked the keyboard to the task bar it not appear there.

:)

carlocampora, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Andre6552 Win User

Dock Function for the on screen Keyboard

Thank you for the answer on how to enable the on screen dock function, somehow the "Dock" feature was enabled when I switched the connectors for the two monitors. In our case the computer does not have any touch screens so I do not know what changed and
    enabled the feature, however this feature worked fine in Windows 8.1 but is not the same in Windows 10. Under Windows 8.1 with the keyboard docked the task bar moves to above the keyboard. You can then scroll the screen that is above the keyboard to display
    all the content with the bottom of the screen appearing above the task bar. However under Windows 10 the keyboard covers the taskbar and also the keyboard covers the screen and you have to move the keyboard to see what is at the bottom (beneath the keyboard).
    This was the main advantage to docking the keyboard as opposed to having a floating keyboard that covers part of the screen. On various support sites there are others with disabilities complaining about the changes to this feature. If this is not fixed this
    becomes a game changer for my daughter and she will have to move back to Windows 8.1. The computer is her main source of communication and must function correctly.

Andre6552, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Vicky781 Win User
    Windows 10 on screen/touch keyboard covers bottom of screen and task bar

In Windows 10, when the On-screen Keyboard or Touch Keyboard is docked to the bottom of the screen, the bottom of my maximized windows and task bar are inaccessible. Is there a way to fix this and change it back to how it was in Windows 8, where the docked
    keyboard would move the rest of the screen up?

Thanks

Vicky781, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Andre6552 Win User

keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

Dock function in the On-Screen Keyboard.

Thank you for the answer, somehow the "Dock" feature was enabled when I switched the connectors for the two monitors. The computer does not have any touch screens so I do not know what changed. This feature worked fine in Windows 8.1 but is not the same
    in Windows 10. Under Windows 8.1 with the keyboard docked and the task bar moves to above the keyboard, you can scroll the text that is above the keyboard to display the bottom text. However under Windows 10 the keyboard covers the taskbar and also the keyboard
    covers the screen and you have to move the keyboard to see what is at the bottom. This was the main advantage to docking the keyboard as opposed to having a floating keyboard that covered part of the screen. On some other support sites there are others with
    disabilities complaining about the changes to this feature. If this is not fixed this becomes a game changer for my daughter and she will have to move back to Windows 8.1. The computer is her main source of communication and must function correctly.

Andre6552, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar

1. keyboard setting and keyboard docked in task bar - Similar Threads - keyboard setting keyboard

2. Dock task bar on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dock task bar on left side of screen: Windows 11 has a serious flaw from a user perspective. The horizontally bottom docked taskbar is awful. For over a decade I have had my taskbar docked on the left side of my screen vertical as it is more efficient for managing my open windows. I understand this could be...
  3. Dock task bar on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dock task bar on left side of screen: Windows 11 has a serious flaw from a user perspective. The horizontally bottom docked taskbar is awful. For over a decade I have had my taskbar docked on the left side of my screen vertical as it is more efficient for managing my open windows. I understand this could be...
  4. Keyboard not recognized when using dock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not recognized when using dock: I've been consistently having an issue dealing with using my Surface Studio laptop and using external keyboards with a docking station. When I connect to a dock I have my studio laptop will not accept any external keyboard inputs and I have to restart my device for it to...
  5. Keyboard not recognized when using dock

Keyboard not recognized when using dock: I've been consistently having an issue dealing with using my Surface Studio laptop and using external keyboards with a docking station. When I connect to a dock I have my studio laptop will not accept any external keyboard inputs and I have to restart my device for it to...
  6. Task Bar Settings

Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  7. task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  8. missing keyboard language in task bar

missing keyboard language in task bar: Following a recent update, the language selection tool for my normal laptop keyboard, heretofore in the task bar next to the date and time, has disappeared. Now I cannot switch back and forth between languages, a useful function for me in a multi-lingual environment How...
  9. window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard

window icon on task bar and windows key on keyboard: neither one works....???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-icon-on-task-bar-and-windows-key-on/3955b659-9089-46e8-9a53-0e19744b6f0c
  10. Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable GPIO keyboard dock on tablet: I have a tablet (cube mix plus) and the keyboard dock port is causing problems (sends random key strokes, eg holding down the delete key...). How can I disable the port? Perhaps in device manager somewhere? Right now I have taped over the port, but that isn't a great...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set ip automattic docking of task bar in windows 10