Windows 10: Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop

Discus and support Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just run into this issue where if I press the '=' switch on my keyboard - it toggles the font and makes it look more spaced out. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Klaytrick, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Klaytrick Win User

Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop

Hi all,

I've just run into this issue where if I press the '=' switch on my keyboard - it toggles the font and makes it look more spaced out.

I'm not sure if it'll show up on this post for you guys but this is what it looks like >>

The letter spacing looks to be much bigger than normal. Pressing the '=' switch toggles it back off/on - and I've searched everywhere for a solution but was unable to find anybody else with this issue. I've tried typing using the On Screen keyboard and it behaves the exact same way - so my suspicion is that it is software related perhaps I somehow managed to program this shortcut...but I have no clue on how to go back to normal setting

Any help would be apprecaited as this is perplexing me.

PS. This is not just on Microsoft Word or anything like that - this is across everything I type into while using the laptop.

Thank you

:)

Klaytrick, Nov 10, 2020

2. Is there a way to change the font of the touch keyboard?

Hi Leena,

Please follow the steps below and check.

• Press Windows logo + I keys to open settings.
    • Then select ease of access.
    • Go to closed captions and change the fonts from below the caption style.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard Setting - Pressing the '=' on the keyboard causes font change on laptop - Similar Threads - Keyboard Setting Pressing

2. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  3. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard settings changed: Cleaned my keyboard and must have hit something because now everything has changed. Spacebar is now enter, the V button now types “gbv” and X is now “/x”, ect.I’ve tried changing the keyboard settings to US English, I’ve tried uninstalling the keyboard all together in the...
  4. Keyboard settings changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  6. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  7. Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard pressing multiple keys: Hi! So basically, I was using my laptop and shut it down as I needed to go somewhere. I came back and turned my laptop back on and the keys were messed up pressing backspace presses backspace and /, pressing P presses left bracket and P, pressing caps lock presses W and caps...
  8. Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update caused weird issue changing font, keyboard access and mouse capabilities: Hello all, Hoping I can get some guidance on how to fix this issue. I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10 thats only a year old. Have had this issue start up in the last day which has triggered a change every 5 mins or so, it seems to change to a to a different keyboard &...
  9. Problem changing keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem changing keyboard settings: Hello. I had recently changed the hotkeys for language changing in my keyboard settings and I found out that they dont suit me. However, Windows doesn´t let me make another change and a window pops up saying that I do not have the appropriate permission to change these...
  10. Keyboard setting changes constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard setting changes constantly: My laptop has a Swiss keyboard. Windows 10 Home came preinstalled with Swiss German localization and the keyboard setting worked fine. I installed the US English language pack of the OS and since then again and again my keyboard setting is changed to EN-US. It does not...