Windows 10: Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

Discus and support Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; (Reposted, as I posted to the wrong sub-topic): This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mesoboy, Jan 13, 2016.

1. mesoboy Win User

Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

(Reposted, as I posted to the wrong sub-topic):

This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the language settings in Control Panel (and I can even switch to an English keyboard layout, if I want, with the language settings 'button' in the righthand side of the task bar).
    I would like to set up a user account for my son, which I have done, but it opens up with an English keyboard layout. I go into the language settings, but only the English keyboard is available as an input method. I add the French keyboard, but I cannot switch to this keyboard - there is no language button in the task bar and windows+space doesn't do anything. I've even tried deleting the English keyboard layout to leave just the French. The language settings now show only the French keyboard, but Windows still stubbornly insists on staying with the English layout! What do I have to do to get the User Account to work with the French keyboard?

Any help would be gratefully welcome.

:)

mesoboy, Jan 13, 2016

2. Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the French keyboard layout on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to refer the section 'Install a language pack and change the Windows display language from Control Panel' from below Microsoft article and follow the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2607607

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Click on Start and select Settings
    or press Windows logo + I keys.

2. Navigate to Time & language > Region & Language.

3. Choose French language and choose
    Set as Default

4. Right click on Start and select Control Panel.

5. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

6. Click on Language and click on Move up
    to move French language to the top of your language list.

7. Log off and then log back on to Windows for the change to take effect.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

1. Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account - Similar Threads - Keyboard settings carried

2. Windows linked to Microsoft account not carrying over to new hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows linked to Microsoft account not carrying over to new hardware?: Hello.I have just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had attached my windows key to my Microsoft account so I could easily move over to my new hardware, and I confirmed that under the activation page on my old hardware it did say I was properly linked with a digital...
  3. Windows linked to Microsoft account not carrying over to new hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows linked to Microsoft account not carrying over to new hardware?: Hello.I have just upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. I had attached my windows key to my Microsoft account so I could easily move over to my new hardware, and I confirmed that under the activation page on my old hardware it did say I was properly linked with a digital...
  4. Windows linked to Microsoft account not carrying over to new hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Product Key Carry-Over with Update?

Product Key Carry-Over with Update?: Installed Windows 11 22H2 update going from Windows 11 21H2 Using the ISO file. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows11Updrade to 22H2 was successful, from the iso file, but I noticed, when installing, no software key was required. Does it just carry over...
  6. How can I create a new Windows Account Without Applications Carrying Over

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I create a new Windows Account Without Applications Carrying Over: Hi, Is it possible to create a new windows account (kind of like a fresh windows install), without the applications from my previous account being ported over? Thanks! submitted by /u/canuhda [link] [comments]...
  7. New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account': I had 2 Local Standard User Accounts and1 Microsoft Administrator Account. I wanted tosign in with any of these accounts but Microsoft Account was blocking access to signing in with the Local Accounts. I tried to change sign in to the Microsoft Account by switching to one of...
  8. New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account'

New Local User Account taken over Microsoft User Account': I had 2 Local Standard User Accounts and1 Microsoft Administrator Account. I wanted tosign in with any of these accounts but Microsoft Account was blocking access to signing in with the Local Accounts. I tried to change sign in to the Microsoft Account by switching to one of...
  9. Carrying over of windows 10 license to new system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Carrying over of windows 10 license to new system: I currently have a laptop I’m using with a Windows 10 Home license, signed into my Microsoft account. I’m planning on purchasing a pc as well. If I was to sign into windows on my new pc, 1) will the license carry over or run simultaneously on both systems? and 2) do I need to...
  10. Keyboard settings not working on user accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard settings not working on user accounts: This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the language settings in Control Panel (and I can even...