Windows 10: Keyboard settings not working on user accounts

Discus and support Keyboard settings not working on user accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mesoboy, Jan 12, 2016.

1. mesoboy Win User

Keyboard settings not working on user accounts

This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the language settings in Control Panel (and I can even switch to an English keyboard layout, if I want, with the language settings 'button' in the righthand side of the task bar).
    I would like to set up a user account for my son, which I have done, but it opens up with an English keyboard layout. I go into the language settings, but only the English keyboard is available as an input method. I add the French keyboard, but I cannot switch to this keyboard - there is no language button in the task bar and windows+space doesn't do anything. I've even tried deleting the English keyboard layout to leave just the French. The language settings now show only the French keyboard, but Windows still stubbornly insists on staying with the English layout! What do I have to do to get the User Account to work with the French keyboard?

Any help would be gratefully welcome.

:)

mesoboy, Jan 12, 2016
  2. Steget Win User

At one of my user accounts the keyboard stop working after login at 4 different computers

At one of my user accounts the keyboard stop working after login at 4 different computers.

Other user accounts on the same computers works just fine.

All accounts are grounded on Microsoft e-mail accounts.

When I started my fourth computer I have not used for month and login on the failing user account the keybord first worked, but then I did have a message to log in my account, then the keyboard did stop.

What setting do i need to change in the failing account?

Steget, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Lenovo G50 Windows 10 add User Account keyboard wont produce @

Hi

Have recently added another User Account however on User account the keyboard will not produce certain keys such as an @ instead it types ".

Without the @ the User cant login to email?

Have checked keyboard language setting for the user Account with the problem and its set to UK English.

My User account produces the @ no problem? the keypad language is set to UK English

Anyone please help?

Thanks Pat

oliveoil54, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard settings not working on user accounts

1. Keyboard settings not working on user accounts - Similar Threads - Keyboard settings working

2. Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesn't work after switching between user accounts: I have 3 accounts on my ZenBook, running windows 11. I was using a Microsoft wired keyboard and had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in after switching between accounts to make the keyboard work. I've just upgraded to a logitech k850 bluetooth keyboard and it's also...
  3. User Account Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Account Settings: Question: I have created a new user account with administration rights. I want to delete this existing user account with standard rights. If I delete the account, will all the install programs and files under this account also be deleted? Or what other solutions can I do to...
  4. User Account Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Settings: Why can't I change User Account Settings now when I previously could? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-settings/81a7dba3-9eb4-41ad-bd80-73ba84674f43
  5. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  6. User Accounts and settings

User Accounts and settings: I somehow created a local account and user accountLogged on using microsoft account both are admin account. I want the user account as the admin only account and remove the local account but I couldn't remove the local account. If removing isn't possible I want to merge the...
  7. User Account Control Settings not working accordingly with admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Settings not working accordingly with admin account: My User Account Control Settings is set on level 3, however the settings are not working properly on my account with administrator level. When I type in wt Windows Terminal in the run box and hit ctrl+shift+enter, which should bypass the admin prompt, I still get the admin...
  8. User account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account settings: My administrative user account automatically changed to local user administrator. My keyboard connections got short, and a technician disabled it keyboard. Now I am passing time on touch keyboard. After disabling keyboard, I'm facing this issue of local account. I don't...
  9. Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account

Keyboard settings not carried over to new user account: (Reposted, as I posted to the wrong sub-topic): This problem is driving me crazy. I am running a laptop with a French keyboard layout, with Windows set on British English. For my admin account this works fine - there is an English and French input method available in the...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...