Windows 10: Keyboard settings UK layout not working

Discus and support Keyboard settings UK layout not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a UK layout keyboard shift + 2 is ", but my computer insists on using US layout shift + 2 is @. I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard. In iCue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by someguy171, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Keyboard settings UK layout not working

I have a UK layout keyboard shift + 2 is ", but my computer insists on using US layout shift + 2 is @. I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue Corsair keyboard app, the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English UK - US Keyboard
        • English US - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock, Language, and Region.'

Please any help would be great!

:)

someguy171, Mar 30, 2020

2. Enabled UK keyboard layout not working

Hi Hugh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the below steps and check if you are able to change keyboard to a UK layout. Follow the below steps.

• Type Region on the search bar and click on
      Region and language.

• Click on Add language and click on
      English
      and select UK eng.

• Click on the UK English and click on
      Option.

• Now click on add keyboard and select the
      keyboard.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to assist you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 30, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    UK Keyboard layout?

Thanks Bree - this is the 1st time the UK Keyboard layout has ever come in to play for me.

4. lx07 Win User

Keyboard settings UK layout not working

Keyboard layout UK displayed automatically

Try add QWERTY UK keyboard to English UK language and restart.

Then choose QWERTY US in language bar. Then delete UK keyboard.

Make sure also you are not synching settings for language as this will put back incorrect keyboard.

Keyboard settings UK layout not working [​IMG]

If not I don't know - I always get this problem but after add/delete it does away again.

Thema:

Keyboard settings UK layout not working

1. Keyboard settings UK layout not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard settings layout

2. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  3. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  4. Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?: Dear MS support team,I tried to remove the EN-UK keyboard layout from Windows. However, despite having been removed from "Settings", the EN-UK kept present in language bar, even after reboot.How can I remove it?...
  5. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  6. UK Keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UK Keyboard layout?: I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout. Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook. 122871
  7. UK keyboard layout

UK keyboard layout: Cannot change keyboard to UK . Instructions incomplete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/uk-keyboard-layout/d6329e7f-49be-4dce-b00d-041aaf9c7e36
  8. Keyboard layout UK displayed automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard layout UK displayed automatically: Please help me this is the 2nd time i found that bug after I installed windows 10 1803 English international, its happened before when I installed 1709, and I really tired to set only 2 languages in the bar, its shown only after i click language preferences I don't speak...
  9. Keyboard Settings/Layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Settings/Layout: My keyboard layout has been changed after using a new computer. " and @ has switched places and my hex has turned into £. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thank you. 53110
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...