Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut for display profiles

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut for display profiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to switch between display profiles? More specifically, let's say I have 2 monitors connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MBolachas, Oct 27, 2018.

1. MBolachas Win User

Keyboard shortcut for display profiles

Hi,

Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to switch between display profiles?

More specifically, let's say I have 2 monitors connected to Windows 10.

In profile 1, the desktop extends over display 1 and display 2.

In profile 2, display 2 mirrors display 1.

I'd like to toggle between both configurations using a keboard shortchut, thus avoiding having to always go back to the "Change Display Settings" dialog. Is it possible?

cheers

Ze

:)

MBolachas, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Oct 27, 2018
  3. WJP19901 Win User
    how do i display the list of windows keyboard shortcuts

how do i display the list of windows keyboard shortcuts?

WJP19901, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Keyboard shortcut for display profiles

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard shortcut for display profiles

1. Keyboard shortcut for display profiles - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut display

2. Display an image file .png with a keyboard shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display an image file .png with a keyboard shortcut?: I would like Windows 11 to display a .png file when I type ALT+ALT while in ANY program. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it. Can someone help?...
  3. Display an image file .png with a keyboard shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display an image file .png with a keyboard shortcut?: I would like Windows 11 to display a .png file when I type ALT+ALT while in ANY program. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do it. Can someone help?...
  4. Profile associated keyboard shortcuts

Profile associated keyboard shortcuts: A while ago my daughter did something on the lock screen, since then the AltGR+Q stands for backslash combination on my hungarian keyboard doesn't work at all.I've tried a couple things, like adding/re-adding layouts to see if it would solve it but no.Recently, I've switched...
  5. Profile associated keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile associated keyboard shortcuts: A while ago my daughter did something on the lock screen, since then the AltGR+Q stands for backslash combination on my hungarian keyboard doesn't work at all.I've tried a couple things, like adding/re-adding layouts to see if it would solve it but no.Recently, I've switched...
  6. Keyboard shortcut

Keyboard shortcut: Every key is linked with a shortcut, for example, E will open File Explorer, D brings me to the desktop, W opens the whiteboard, and so on. Yesterday, I was using my laptop like usually and it just happened this morning, randomly. The weirdest thing is that the exact same...
  7. Display active keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Display active keyboard shortcuts?: Is there a way to display currently active shortcuts? Windows certainly must know what they are. I know there are many documents online that list the common, or maybe all, standard Windows shortcuts. but those documents cannot know what shortcuts have been overridden by...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Shortcuts: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl C/V) work perfectly well, but if I try to refresh the page with F5 nothing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated....
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: I've lost all keyboard shortcuts - how can I restore them? 27956
  10. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...