Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can I create a keyboard shortcut for the symbol ₦, then remap it to shift + 4? I have PowerToys, but can't figure how to do this with its Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by victorbrendy, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol

Can I create a keyboard shortcut for the symbol ₦, then remap it to shift + 4?

I have PowerToys, but can't figure how to do this with its Keyboard remapper.

:)

victorbrendy, Sep 14, 2020

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to type symbols and punctuation marks using the Bengali keyboard language. Currently the symbols and punctuations are not available for Bengali in script language.

However, based on the screen shot you have provided, I see that you are using MS Word application to type in Bengali. Assuming that you are using the application most of the time to type, I can provide a much simpler solution to
    type symbols and punctuations while using Bengali keyboard.

We need to create shortcuts for the symbols to insert them. You can follow the steps mentioned below to create the shortcuts for symbols.

1. Open MS Word application and click on
      Insert tab.
    2. Now click on the top right corner select
      Symbol and then click on More Symbols.
    3. Now select any Symbol and click on the
      Shortcut Key button under Euro Sign.
    4. Now under Press new shortcut key section tap the key combination
      Ctrl + Key (any key which is convenient for you).
    5. Now click on Assign and click on
      Close.

Note:
    To add a shortcut Ctrl combination is needed to be used.

Also, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback using the
    feedback hub app
    on Windows 10, as the suggestions will help many users to improve their user experience while using Bengali keyboard.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol

E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

OK, here's what I get for those key combos:

• fn, then chr = Select Symbol
    • fn + chr = Select Symbol
    • mark text, then fn + chr + X = Select Symbol
    :smileysad: Why would AT&T want to remove a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?!?!?

diesel_travis, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol

1. Keyboard shortcut for the Nigerian Naira ₦ symbol - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut Nigerian

2. Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``: So I'm having trouble fixing double symbols appearing when pressing the keyboard just once. The symbols are: ~~ ^^ ´´ and I can't type accent letters such as: ã, á, é, etc.I've tried every fix I've found on the internet such as uninstalling my drivers on device manager,...
  3. Laptop Keyboard symbol error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard symbol error: Hi. My laptop keyboard has gone mad!!! A lot of the symbol characters have swapped around eg the "?" is now on the "_" button!the "&" is the "/" buttonthe Hashtag is a £ sign and others have moved. Its a nightmare to type!I have tried and it did Not work....Updated keyboard...
  4. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove the shortcut from @ symbol: Hello!I have a problem, after installing some software I've got a problem when I try to click on the @ symbol.It won't write it , it just opens the software, like a shortcut.I've tried to see under properties, under shortcut, but there is no keyboard key combinations under...
  5. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove the shortcut from @ symbol: Hello!I have a problem, after installing some software I've got a problem when I try to click on the @ symbol.It won't write it , it just opens the software, like a shortcut.I've tried to see under properties, under shortcut, but there is no keyboard key combinations under...
  6. Remove the shortcut from @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Modify Keyboard shortcuts to mimic macOS’ adapted glyphs and symbols...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modify Keyboard shortcuts to mimic macOS’ adapted glyphs and symbols...: Hello Community, I was wondering if anyone here knows of a way to make Window 10 to have the similar adapted accent mark glyph system you find on macOS. This video shows what I referring too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ncnv5u3ao I am mostly look to bring the same...
  8. Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to: I am using an 850 wireless keyboard and it has the @ symbol on the same key as Q, yet it is not located above Q, it is below, and white, not blue, so the FN key doesn't work to produce the symbol. I've tried all the other keys plus the Q but nothing seems to work... [IMG]...
  9. New shortcut icon symbol?

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut icon symbol?: After reinstalling Windows 10 due to a problem I posted here, I started to reinstall programs. When I went to arrange the Desktop icons I noticed there are now two different styles in the shortcuts, one being the old arrow. Besides the shortcuts, a new JPG image I saved on...
  10. keyboard symbols incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard symbols incorrect: language symbols showing up for incorrect keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-symbols-incorrect/6de4c2b0-eb20-45e3-9339-3a202830d47c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. short cut key for naira sign in computer

2. naira symbol in windows 10