Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by immiscibility, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and dexterity issues that mean constantly scrolling with a mouse wheel or hitting spacebar isn't something I can do for long.I've made sure I'm up to date with all updates even optional ones, restarted my laptop half a dozen times, and have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter which ends up giving me this message which is ab

:)

immiscibility, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2022
  3. TheDavidW Win User
    After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

1. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut keys

2. Some keyboard keys no longer work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keyboard keys no longer work.: Not a hardware issue because all of them temporarily working again at once but don't work anymore. I've tried deleting and reinstalling keyboard drivers, its not working. What else can I do? From what I can tell, this began after a windows update but I can't roll back...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  4. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  5. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  8. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  9. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...
  10. Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working

Shortcut keys for changing desktop no longer working: Hi,I use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Windows key + arrow left or right to move to another desktop on Windows 11 with all available updates installed.Since yesterday it stopped working; I can only change desktop by using the mouse. Tried a different keyboard wired: still not...