Windows 10: KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

Discus and support KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work : [img] Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Dec 11, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

Windows 10 offers it but I do not know the magic trick to make it actually work :

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working [​IMG]

Right here windows is giving me hope that this is possible. but so far I have not been able to make it give me a shortcut to a folder. I need it to open it up in a manner that its possible for me to understand what is in the folder by having it like this :

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working [​IMG]

I think they call what is pictured above expanded view?
    I do have a folder filled with shortcuts and I have quick access shortcuts but it would save me a great deal of time if I could make it so any time I have to browse for a folder I could use a shortcut key and make it go there.
    I can use a hotkey to get to an application that works but it would save a lot of time if I could navigate faster. win 10 pro 1909

:)

DonMurray, Dec 11, 2020
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Dec 11, 2020
  3. phrab Win User
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working

I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time.

I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some background apps. When I tried this, it worked at first. I had no delay on a shortcut that previously didn't work. However, after rebooting, the hotkey didn't work any more.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Thank you in advance,

phrab, Dec 11, 2020
  4. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working

1. KEYBOARD SHORTCUT or Hotkey to a folder or drive not working - Similar Threads - KEYBOARD SHORTCUT Hotkey

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  4. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  5. Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut/HotKey for Application Not Working: I recently learned that I can assign a specific hotkey to open up an application such as "ctrl + alt + s" to open Spotify. However, when I attempt to use the hotkey I have assigned for Microsoft Edge, it will not work. I have to go in, reassign the hotkey, and then, until I...
  6. Setting up hotkey / keyboard shortcut that works when screen is locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up hotkey / keyboard shortcut that works when screen is locked: Hi, I have a weird problem with my Windows 10 PC (v1909) - the PC is quite old, with a Gigabyte 770T-USB3 motherboard and Nvidia GTS 250 graphics card. It works really well except for one annoying problem. Whenever it comes out of sleep, the screen is always black - I have...
  7. Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut hotkeys for aplication shortcut not working?! Help: I want to use a hotkey combo for my application shortcut. I put it to ctrl+alt+v and saved it, but then when I use the combo nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. :) submitted by /u/SolidIcecube [link] [comments]...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  9. Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP

in Windows 10 Support
    Hotkeys or desktop keyboard (not TypePad) shortcut for SLEEP: Win 10. Using Sleep button on my HP desktop keyboard works fine. WIN 10 On my Surface (SP3), using Logitech K740 illuminated keyboard with Docking station. No obvious sleep button on the keyboard. If possible: How can I create a Sleep hot button, or what is best...
  10. Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows snapping keyboard shortcut hotkeys not working: Hi, So suddenly today while rearranging windows, snapping stopped working. I'm unable to snap windows using the Win + Left/Right/Up/Down. Moving the windows with the mouse still works, but not with the keyboard hotkeys. As you can imagine this is incredibly inconvenient...