Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard: 1. click the letter icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyleh:, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Kyleh: Win User

Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard:

1. click the letter icon beside language bar in taskbar

2. press left Alt + Shift or windows logo + space

I want the second one because it's faster than having the cursor move towards the language bar and also because it is as convenient as changing the language keyboard in android phones. But the second option, doesn't work.

I even tried customizing keyboard shortcut just for Korean input. But it's still not working.

I restarted my PC after applying the settings. Nothing worked. I contacted Microsoft support and even read articles on the internet regarding this, but nothing helps.

Does anyone know how to quickly switch keyboard input language that actually works?

:)

Kyleh:, Oct 5, 2020
  2. passegua Win User

keyboard shortcuts input language

I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard.

I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use.

The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!

So my question is how could I permanently keep those shortcuts?

Thanks.

passegua, Oct 5, 2020
  3. nadeaujf Win User
    Windows 10 keyboard language keeps changing

Great! I found it by searching Input method as you suggested (full path is Settings -> Typing -> Advanced keyboard settings).
    - I've set "Override for default input language" to "French (Canada)" instead of "Use language list".
    - "Let me use a different input method for each app" was already unchecked
    - I've disabled the key sequence to switch between input languages in (Language bar options -> Advanced key settings)

I hope it did the trick, I'll mark this as solved if the keyboard does not change back by tomorrow.

Thank you!

nadeaujf, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut change

2. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  3. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  4. shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut to change to specific keyboard language?: So far I've been using alt + tab to cycle between my two keyboard languages i usually use. However, since windows keeps automatically adding new keyboards to my system, this shortcut is messed up for me. It is tiring to keep removing these keyboards, and I have not found a...
  5. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  6. Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the keyboard shortcuts' language?: Hi,Usually I use CTRL+A to select all content in a page or document, but when it comes to Windows/Office, I need to use CRTL+T. This is because my system is in Portuguese, so the shortcuts are different.This is a terrible idea, and just complicates everything! Is there any...
  7. keyboard shortcuts input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts input language: I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use. The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!...
  8. Shortcut Key for Language Input?

Shortcut Key for Language Input?: Hello, So an older feature that you could use in the Control Panel through the clock/region/language settings was to set shortcuts for the language input on you computer's keyboard. This allowed me to shift through multiple languages by using combinations like...
  9. Automatic Keyboard input language change

Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...
  10. Automatic Keyboard input language change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Keyboard input language change: Hello, I'm using surface pro 4 in Korea which was bought directly from America. So, English, (United States) US Keyboard and Korean IME are both on language preference. When I write something, I start with Korean IME and shift Korean to English and vice versa with simple...