Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application?

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know if there's a built-in keyboard shortcut that allows you to only close (not minimize) the child windows of an application without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joetron2030, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application?

Does anyone know if there's a built-in keyboard shortcut that allows you to only close (not minimize) the child windows of an application without closing the primary window?

In my case, I'd like to close all of the windows opened through Outlook of various email messages without closing the main Outlook window.

I'm not really interested in adding 3rd party software that does this or allows macros to be created to do something like this.

And I do know about Win-D to minimize all windows to show the desktop but that's not what I'm looking for in this case.

I'm suspecting there isn't but I'm hoping that my searching on Google didn't work because I didn't use the best combination of search terms.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/joetron2030
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joetron2030, Sep 29, 2020
  2. edobson Win User

Keyboard shortcuts open applications slower than clicking on the icon

Using a keyboard shortcut for an application (Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key) takes a few seconds for the application to start loading (i.e. it's not the application that is taking a few seconds to load, more like it's taking a while to register the keyboard shortcut to begin the application), where as double clicking on the .exe opens the application straight away.

This has only occured since the upgrade to Windows 10, in Windows 7 the keyboard shortcuts started the application straight away.

This isn't a showstopping issue, just wondering whether anyone else has noticed a similar issue.
    I can't list the PC specs as this is a colleages PC, I do know that it is a Dell Precision T1700.

Cheers

edobson, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Memsahib Win User
    Windows keyboard shortcuts

I have a list of win10 keyboard shortcuts but some do not do as suggested. For example : F2 doesn't allow me to change the name of the item - but F4 does. I got the list from Windows 10 website ; https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12445

Memsahib, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application?

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application?

1. Keyboard shortcut to close all child windows only for an application? - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut close

2. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  3. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10: Suddenly all of our applications across the board are closing when a PC goes to sleep. This has never been an issue before and we've had many people upset. I have checked all settings and this should not be happening. Currently each person has the proper sleep/hibernate...
  4. All Applications Closing Upon Sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.: so when i turn on my laptop is works on the login page. but when i log on i cant type. for example the "c" key opens the teams wight thing, "d" minimizes all apps. it just acts like the win key is constantly pressed. i honestly don't know hot i get it to cat normal again....
  6. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  7. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows closes all applications on sleep: When I put my computer to sleep, sometimes all the applications I had open would be force closed. When I reopen chrome, it says 'restore tabs' which means that chrome had been forcibly closed by something. I have attempted to enable hybrid sleep but it is not an option on the...
  8. Windows closes all applications on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot shortcut only works on the settings application: I have dual monitors and when I take screenshots I use the Win+Alt+PrntScrn shortcut. However, I’ve been trying to add my own shortcut to something I can do faster like Alt+3 but it doesn’t seem to work on anything I have open unless it’s the settings page. I have also tried...
  10. Shortcuts: Close All Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts: Close All Windows: I would like to use either a keyboard or mouse shortcut to accomplish both these things: 1. While computer is on, close all open windows (minimized or not) 2. When I reboot or turn on/off, do not open windows that were on when I shut down. Thank you for any...