Windows 10: Keyboard shortcut

Discus and support Keyboard shortcut in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can i change the app open by window + shift + s, how can i change the default app for taking screenshot in windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Simon Levesque1, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Keyboard shortcut

How can i change the app open by window + shift + s, how can i change the default app for taking screenshot in windows?

:)

Simon Levesque1, Sep 28, 2022

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 28, 2022
  4. Keyboard shortcut

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard shortcut

1. Keyboard shortcut - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcut

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  4. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  5. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?: I believe the computer is stuck in shortcut mode, which is a mode I recently learned about in resolving this issue. Typing on the keyboard runs shortcuts instead of typing, this happens with the on-screen keyboard as well. Additionally, when I move the mouse across the screen...
  6. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?: I believe the computer is stuck in shortcut mode, which is a mode I recently learned about in resolving this issue. Typing on the keyboard runs shortcuts instead of typing, this happens with the on-screen keyboard as well. Additionally, when I move the mouse across the screen...
  7. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

8. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  9. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  10. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...