Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a German, learning Japanese as a hobby, and until recently, I could write Japanese text via the Windows 10 Microsoft Japanese IME, switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArminatorX, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

I'm a German, learning Japanese as a hobby, and until recently, I could write Japanese text via the Windows 10 Microsoft Japanese IME, switching between Hiragana and Katakana with the keyboard shortcuts "CTRL+CAPSLOCK" or "ALT+CAPSLOCK" respectively.

In the May 2020 upgrade to Windows 10 Ver. 2004 it seems the IME has been renovated, and the keyboard shortcuts I learned don't work.

I also can't find in the documentation how to easily switch between Hiragana and Katakana input anymore. And the help page for the Japanese IME https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/4462244/microsoft-ime is yet beyond my Japanese abilities. And after using the translation feature in Edge, I can't really find any mention of keyboard shortcuts.

The modern settings for the IME mention a "Muhenkan" key to switch between Hiragana/Katakana. But since I use a German keyboard, I probably don't have such a special key.

So, has the keyboard shortcut for CTRL/ALT+CAPSLOCK been completely removed, or is there a new keyboard combination to switch between Hiragana and Katakana?

It's really bothersome to use the mouse to switch between the two character alphabets.

:)

ArminatorX, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Dr. Musou Win User

i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout with kbdus.dll step by step? I have no idea what "kbdus.dll" is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Dr. Musou Win User
    i8042prt Japanese IME Windows 10

Hello,

Could you please inform me how to correct the Japanese keyboard layout step by step?

I have no idea what [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters] is.

I am using the US Windows 10 and US keyboard.

My question is listed below:

"Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10"

Microsoft IME Japanese keyboard layout Windows 10

Dr. Musou, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

Japanese IME shortcuts have been changed?

Hi,

It seems that since a few days ago, the Japanese IME keyboards shortucts have been changed? Before to switch from my "normal" input method (French) to the Japanese one, I had to press ALT + SHIFT, but I realised yesterday that now it's WINDOWS + SPACE...
    And all of the shortcuts I was using: ALT+² in order to switch from hiragana, to katakana, to romaji for instance, don't work anymore. What happened? Also, is there a list of all the new shortcuts I could use?

Thank you,

Flavien

FlavienPuel, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

1. Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004? - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts changed

2. Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ: Hi Community,I would like to make use of the IME Keyboard for Japanese language settings, wich is working really great by the way!Now I'm used to a swiss keyboard, while IME seems to make use of US keyboard settings.My main problem with that is that the Y and Z keys are...
  3. Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese Microsoft IME - change to QWERTZ: Hi Community,I would like to make use of the IME Keyboard for Japanese language settings, wich is working really great by the way!Now I'm used to a swiss keyboard, while IME seems to make use of US keyboard settings.My main problem with that is that the Y and Z keys are...
  4. Japanese IME shortcut settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  5. Japanese IME shortcut settings

Japanese IME shortcut settings: Hello guys! My old PC broke down and I have gotten a new PC, re-downloaded Japanese IME keyboard but it seems like some of the shortcut keys have changed.It became literally the Japanese keyboard layout where normally [ would become @ on the physical keyboard.I want to change...
  6. Japanese Microsoft IME

Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  7. Japanese Microsoft IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese Microsoft IME: 5MicrosoftIME !Translated to English -As a 5th grader who can't really understand English that good I need some help please. I want to change it to Japanese. I tried downloading the Japanese Microsoft IME and switched to it but its still in English is it supposed to be like...
  8. Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Japanese Keyboard IME character settings: I have two computers where I type using Japanese IME. On my US-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using SHIFT+CAPS LOCK. On my JP-made computer, switching from romaji to hiragana is performed by using just CAPS LOCK. Needless to say, this causes...
  9. Japanese IME shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME shortcuts not working: I installed the Japanese IME to my keyboard about a year or two ago with no problems. I don't know when, sometime within the month, but my shortcuts don't work anymore. I can use alt+shift and shift+caps lock, but none of the other shortcuts do anything. I've always used the...
  10. Japanese IME keyboard layout on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Japanese IME keyboard layout on Windows 10 2004: Hello, With previous versions of windows, all I had to do to type Japanese with my azerty keyboard was to change a registry key. This has no effect in 2004. Did anyone manage to fix this with the latest windows release? Thanks. submitted by /u/eltinono [link]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. muhenkan key in english keyboard katakana