Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts don't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have windows 10 with HP Omen, and one day shortcuts like win+shift+C for screenshot or win+R stopped working. They always worked bad, from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nikitafirsakov, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Hello, i have windows 10 with HP Omen, and one day shortcuts like win+shift+C for screenshot or win+R stopped working. They always worked bad, from time to time, but now they dont work at all. i tried to reinstall keyboard drivers but it doesn't help. please help me

:)

nikitafirsakov, Apr 4, 2021

2. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts don't work

1. Keyboard shortcuts don't work - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts don't

2. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  3. My keyboard shortcuts don't work. Need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard shortcuts don't work. Need help.: No matter how hard I try, any of the keyboard shortcuts do nothing. Even like ALT+F4 as an example. That doesn't close a app or program on my PC. This goes for all of the keyboard shortcuts....
  4. My keyboard shortcuts don't work. Need help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard shortcuts don't work. Need help.: No matter how hard I try, any of the keyboard shortcuts do nothing. Even like ALT+F4 as an example. That doesn't close a app or program on my PC. This goes for all of the keyboard shortcuts....
  5. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  6. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  7. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts not working: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts Not working: [ATTACH] I have set the shortcut key for this chrome shortcut to ctrl alt up but it does not work. anyone know why? https://preview.redd.it/osyympjs7eu41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=a371db11f13226c74d84d7fcfd03d02b4a97b313 submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link]...
  10. Shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts don't work: Hi, for some reason my shortcuts don't connect but I haven't changed anything. How can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcuts-dont-work/67e2dd11-ef76-46fa-96e6-42e746c515d4