Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeridaHu, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MeridaHu Win User

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes.

I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10.

Therefore , using the

Control Panel >> Clock and Region >> Region >> Language preferences >> Advanced Keyboard Settings >> Language Bar options >> Advanced Key settings

I set Ctrl+Shift as the option to switch between languages as shown in the figure below.

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening 803da72e-4801-4f35-a134-f1d688b0b681?upload=true.jpg

Now when i use any application, for example Notepad, and i use the keyboard switch shortcut (ctrl+shift), i get the following options on my taskbar.

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening e43c8d38-601d-4255-91ed-14a5aff8a2d9?upload=true.jpg

I still have to manually click on the 'A' to select Korean language before i can use it. The whole point of using keyboard shortcuts is lost. I figure i must have set this up wrong. Anyway to make the lnaguage swtich happen at the stroke of a keyboard shortcut without having click on anything else ?

Thank you

:)

MeridaHu, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard switch language

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Have you added Portuguese language to the keyboard?

Follow the steps:

• Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click/tap on the Time and Language.
    • Click/tap on the Region and language.
    • Under "Languages" click/tap on the Add languages.
    • Choose your language
    • Now you have two languages on your Keyboard.
    • To make new language the main language tap the new language and tap on "Set as primary".
    • To switch between keyboard languages use the shortcut Shift +
      Alt.

Also refer:
    Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Switch between different language keybords with shortcut buttons.

Hi Oguzhan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern to switch between different languages on keyboard on Windows 10 and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• On which application, you need to switch the input language?
    Use the Language bar to switch between languages that use different keyboard layouts. When you switch a language by using the Language bar, the keyboard layout changes to the native keyboard for that language.

Let’s try to press Windows logo key +Spacebar together to Switch input language and keyboard layout .

Refer to these Microsoft article links below and check, if these articles helps you to fix your issue:

Keyboard shortcuts:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Switch between different languages by using the Language bar:

Switch between languages using the Language bar

Switch between different languages as you type:

Switch between languages using the Language bar

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Switch layout via screen keyboard in one tap

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using?
    • Which is the default keyboard language you use?

You can follow these steps to switch between the keyboard layouts:

1. Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for control panel.
    2. Tap on Languages > on the left pane, select Advance settings.
    3. Tap on ‘Change language bar hot keys’ under switching input methods.
    4. Go to the second tap: Advance key settings.
    5. Select the language To English > click on Change key sequence.
    6. Check the box: Enable key sequence.
    7. Select the shortcut keys you would like to use under the drop down menu along with the key and click on Ok.
    8. Click on apply and Ok.
    9. Restart the PC and try the shortcut keys now.

This should change the keyboard layout language with the shortcut keys we have setup.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts language

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  4. Switch Keyboard Languages

Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  5. Switch Keyboard Languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch Keyboard Languages: Hi all,Had this issue in the past, now again with Windows 11 even when Windows 11 is fresh installed. My old thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-languages/64a40c2c-73a6-420e-a0df-33062d2b31ce4 Languages are shown in the Keyboard Languages...
  6. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  7. language keyboard shortcuts

language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  8. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?: Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn6yj6/is_there_a_way_to_disable_the_shortcut_to_switch/
  9. Switching keyboards/languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  10. Keyboard switching languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....