Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is it that shortcuts for links only work until you restart your computer? I created a link and set a keyboard shortcut for it (CTRL + SHIFT + B)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricardobohner, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC

Why is it that shortcuts for links only work until you restart your computer?

I created a link and set a keyboard shortcut for it (CTRL + SHIFT + B) but it only works until you restart your computer.

After restarting the computer I only get it to work again if I change the shortcut to something else (ex CTRL + ALT + C), save and then change it back to (CTRL + SHIFT + B).

Is there a way to make keyboard shortcuts permanent?

Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC [​IMG]

:)

ricardobohner, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2021
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC

Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC

1. Keyboard shortcuts for links only work until you restart your PC - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts links

2. Games wont work until I restart PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games wont work until I restart PC: Hello , First of all I would like to mention that this problem has been happening to me ever since I reinstalled my Windows.The problem I am facing is that games wont start up unless I restart the PC , after which I can play all the games perfectly fine. moreover , while I am...
  3. Games wont work until I restart PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games wont work until I restart PC: Hello , First of all I would like to mention that this problem has been happening to me ever since I reinstalled my Windows.The problem I am facing is that games wont start up unless I restart the PC , after which I can play all the games perfectly fine. moreover , while I am...
  4. keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.: so when i turn on my laptop is works on the login page. but when i log on i cant type. for example the "c" key opens the teams wight thing, "d" minimizes all apps. it just acts like the win key is constantly pressed. i honestly don't know hot i get it to cat normal again....
  5. keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard only works as shortcut keys at startup.: so when i turn on my laptop is works on the login page. but when i log on i cant type. for example the "c" key opens the teams wight thing, "d" minimizes all apps. it just acts like the win key is constantly pressed. i honestly don't know hot i get it to cat normal again....
  6. keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts not working: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  7. You may continue to receive Insider Preview Builds until your PC restarts..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You may continue to receive Insider Preview Builds until your PC restarts..: You may continue to receive Insider Preview Builds until your PC restarts....this message is showing all the time when i go to the Windows Insider Program to update to Beta version win 11....What should i do now pls help...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running: I am using Windows 10, my keyboard shortcuts only work if another program is running, which is inconvenient since I use the shortcuts to launch every program I use regularly. I have tried researching but apparently google and I are having communication problems. Any guidance...
  9. Video not working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video not working until restart: I have had this problem since I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1809, I have since updated to 1903 and the problem persists. When I start up my computer I open a video file and the computer freezes for around 15 seconds and then sometimes it will play and sometimes it is...
  10. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...