Windows 10: keyboard shortcuts input language

Discus and support keyboard shortcuts input language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard. I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by passegua, Mar 22, 2020.

1. passegua Win User

keyboard shortcuts input language

I set keyboard shortcuts input language in order to quickly change from one language to another in my keyboard.

I set ctlr+uppercase+1 and ctlr+uppercase+2 for the two languages I use.

The problem is that after a while, I do not know why exactly, these settings are gone!

So my question is how could I permanently keep those shortcuts?

Thanks.

:)

passegua, Mar 22, 2020

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Input language English, Keyboard German

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the Keyboard layout in Windows 10, let me assist you.

This issue might occur if the input method settings are not configured properly.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel from the menu.

• Click on Clock, Language, and Region option.

• Click on Language and click on
      Advanced settings
      in the left pane.

• Select the required input in the drop down menu under
      Override for default input method

• Click on Save.

If the required language is not listed, follow the steps below to add the required language and then perform the above mentioned changes.

• Press Windows key + I
      key and select Time & Language.

• Click on Region & language in the left pane, click on
      Add a language and select the required language from the list.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Mar 22, 2020
  4. keyboard shortcuts input language

Problem with the new keyboard language switching menu

Hi Jugan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The default keyboard shortcut to switch between system language is by pressing the
    Windows and Spacebar keys.

So, if you don't want the language menu to appear while playing the game, then I suggest you to change keyboard shortcut by following the below steps and change the keyboard shortcuts for changing the system language or keyboard language.

1. Go to Settings > Click on Devices > Click on
      Typing from the left pane.
    2. Scroll down and click on Advanced keyboard settings and click on
      Input language hot keys.
    3. In the Advanced Key Settings tab, you will find the key sequences for the input languages that you can change as your preference.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

keyboard shortcuts input language

1. keyboard shortcuts input language - Similar Threads - keyboard shortcuts input

2. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  3. language keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  4. language keyboard shortcuts

language keyboard shortcuts: I'm using Windows 10, and am having exactly the same problem as with 8.1, on a different laptop. No matter what app I'm using, my settings for keyboard shortcuts for switching to another language always disappear. I switch between English, German, Chinese, sometimes Korean...
  5. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  6. Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Language Input: Shortcut Creation: I am trying to create a shortcut that will help me in optimizing my switching between language inputs. I have downloaded the necessary language packs and know the shortcuts for opening a virtual keyboard Windows Key + ctrl + o along with the shortcut for...
  7. Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcut to change language input not working: I constantly change between Korean and English keyboard. So these are the ways to quickly change INPUT language of keyboard: 1. click the letter icon beside language bar in taskbar 2. press left Alt + Shift or windows logo + space I want the second one because it's...
  8. Language keyboard shortcuts issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language keyboard shortcuts issue: [ATTACH] Hi! I'd like to ask you to help me to deal with a minor but quite irritating bug regarding the automatic reset of my custom language keyboard shortcuts. I use three language keyboards on daily basis - Polish, Russian and Japanese, and I find using my custom...
  9. Keyboard input language issues.

Keyboard input language issues.: my keyboard now produces é instead of backslash and É instead of question mark How do I repair ***Original Title: Keyboard*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-input-language-issues/50445bf1-de0a-4629-bf99-738c8bd491da
  10. Shortcut Key for Language Input?

Shortcut Key for Language Input?: Hello, So an older feature that you could use in the Control Panel through the clock/region/language settings was to set shortcuts for the language input on you computer's keyboard. This allowed me to shift through multiple languages by using combinations like...