Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyW, Aug 17, 2015.

1. JimmyW Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the file view pane. In Excel 2010, Ctrl-Home minimizes my worksheet instead of taking me to Cell A1. I restored Win 8.1, but the problems remain, so I just went back again to 10. Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Aug 17, 2015

2. Computer Freezes

This is difficult to do since the computer is freezing. Any alternatives or shortcuts as the mouse and keyboard tasks are not working properly.

AprylRoberts, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Hardware (Keyboard) Glitches/Issues

Basically, after I installed windows 10 after totally wiping windows 8 and upgrading to a fresh copy, I noticed that the windows key/control key didn't work for any of the new keyboard shortcuts that were added in Win10 (the original shortcuts worked just
    fine), and if I tried to use the shortcuts, then my keys stopped "typing" so to speak. (The "i" key opened settings, the "n" key opened the notification center, the "a" key opened the action center, etc) After a bit, I discovered that if I used ctrl+alt_delet,
    my keyboard would to back to being able to function properly in the sense that pressing a single key didn't act as a shortcut.

I have no idea if this makes any sense, so if clarification is needed, just ask Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 :)

Don't know if my specs'll help, but here they are:

AMD fx 6300 (six core @ 3.5ghz)

8gb RAM (2x4) DDR3

64bit Win10

Radeon R9 270X 2GB twin "frozer"

Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ motherboard

Lastly, the keyboard is a TTESports Poseidon (blue switch)

Thanks in advance!

LiamPalacios, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

1. Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts working

2. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly: Hello,My keyboard has recently begun minimizing windows whenever I hit combos utilizing ctrl or shift. For example, using Adobe products, if I hit ctrl+shft+V it minimizes, as well as Ctrl+3. It even happens simply when I'm typing sometimes and I can not figure out the common...
  3. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly: Hello,My keyboard has recently begun minimizing windows whenever I hit combos utilizing ctrl or shift. For example, using Adobe products, if I hit ctrl+shft+V it minimizes, as well as Ctrl+3. It even happens simply when I'm typing sometimes and I can not figure out the common...
  4. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working properly: Hello! I am currently suffering from a keyboard or pc error can anybody help how can i fix this issue?The issue: Whenever i press the key s and then some other key it doesn't work, take this as you would press down s and a and only 1 letter gets typed in or, your trying to...
  6. ALT shortcuts not working Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALT shortcuts not working Properly: Last time i shut down my laptop which is dell 7567 everything was fine when i boot my system and when I used alt + Left key in firefox window or in file explorer it should go back one page but instead it opens option tab. When i use my left alt key with left arrow nothing...
  7. Keyboard not working properly

Keyboard not working properly: hello!I am having an issue with my keyboard keys, the caps to enter key, including other keys in between are not working. At First they worked on some apps but later the whole line stopped working entirely. I have tried uninstalling the driver and troubleshooting but nothing...
  8. Keyboard not working properly.

Keyboard not working properly.: Some key typing is not registered and repeated itself. I thought the keyboard was not working then I plugged the keyboard into my MAC then which started working properly. Is this a Windows driver thing?...
  9. Keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not working properly: I was using my keyboard normally, and suddenly while typing, it changed the keys I press to others, suchs as A is now {A, enter is enter plus Z, and the list goes on. What could have originated it and how could I fix it, since I'm not able to buy a new one? Tried the...
  10. Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts: On Windows 7 I used a keyboard shortcut (win+shift+left/right arrow) to quickly move a window between my laptop screen and external monitor. This is no longer working for me in Win10. Is that just me (does it work for you?) or did MS take this shortcut out of Win 10? TIA....