Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimmyW, Aug 17, 2015.

1. JimmyW Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

I upgraded Win 8.1 to 10x64 on my Surface Pro 2. Now, when I press the End key in Explorer, nothing happens. I am not taken to the last file in the file view pane. In Excel 2010, Ctrl-Home minimizes my worksheet instead of taking me to Cell A1. I restored Win 8.1, but the problems remain, so I just went back again to 10. Thanks.

:)

JimmyW, Aug 17, 2015

2. Computer Freezes

This is difficult to do since the computer is freezing. Any alternatives or shortcuts as the mouse and keyboard tasks are not working properly.

AprylRoberts, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Hardware (Keyboard) Glitches/Issues

Basically, after I installed windows 10 after totally wiping windows 8 and upgrading to a fresh copy, I noticed that the windows key/control key didn't work for any of the new keyboard shortcuts that were added in Win10 (the original shortcuts worked just
    fine), and if I tried to use the shortcuts, then my keys stopped "typing" so to speak. (The "i" key opened settings, the "n" key opened the notification center, the "a" key opened the action center, etc) After a bit, I discovered that if I used ctrl+alt_delet,
    my keyboard would to back to being able to function properly in the sense that pressing a single key didn't act as a shortcut.

I have no idea if this makes any sense, so if clarification is needed, just ask Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 :)

Don't know if my specs'll help, but here they are:

AMD fx 6300 (six core @ 3.5ghz)

8gb RAM (2x4) DDR3

64bit Win10

Radeon R9 270X 2GB twin "frozer"

Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ motherboard

Lastly, the keyboard is a TTESports Poseidon (blue switch)

Thanks in advance!

LiamPalacios, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10

1. Keyboard shortcuts not working properly in Win10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts working

2. US international keyboard not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    US international keyboard not working properly: After the latest WIndows 10 update my US international keyboard is not working properly. I have used it for a couple of years with no problem, using the right Alt key in combination with other characters to type certain European letters that are not on my standard keyboard....
  3. shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift+2 or the "at" shortcut not working properly: i haven't been on my pc in a long time due to NBN taking their sweet time doing their thing so my download speed on steam is terrible and is pretty much pointless but i turned on my pc after 2 months and whenever i use the number 2 on the horizontal row on the top of my...
  4. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  5. Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keyboard is not working properly: Hello, My windows 10 keyboard is not working properly, I tried reinstalling the keyboard using device manager and restarting the system yet the problem still occurs and I reinstall the keyboard again ... and so on. Example: when my keyboard is not working properly it types...
  6. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  7. Surface book keyboard not working properly

Surface book keyboard not working properly: My surface book keyboard isn't working properly. The fn key is always on and when i press it nothing happens, and when i try to type anything the computer keeps inserting dollar signs into the search bar. For some reason on the on screen keyboard the shift key is...
  8. Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10

Keyboard not working properly on Windows 10: Suddenly laptop's keyboard started behaving weirdly, the top line of alphabets (q,w,e,r,t etc) is not working properly. Sometimes I have to press key many times to print a character , and sometimes I press it once and it prints letter 2 or 3 times, and shift + those buttons...
  9. Some keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Some keyboard shortcuts not working: I have a new Windows 10 desktop machine & like to use keyboard shortcuts to launch programs & folders. Some of them work & some don't. Some work some of the time. I saw some old threads on this, & tried some of their suggestions, like disabling Services/Superfetch & some...
  10. Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Keyboard Shortcuts: On Windows 7 I used a keyboard shortcut (win+shift+left/right arrow) to quickly move a window between my laptop screen and external monitor. This is no longer working for me in Win10. Is that just me (does it work for you?) or did MS take this shortcut out of Win 10? TIA....