Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by templar, Sep 8, 2017.

1. templar Win User

Keyboard shortcuts

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed ESC and also tried the CTRL-Z undo command but it doesn't work. I know I can simply click on my mouse and all highlighted text will be un-highlighted, but I want to learn how to operate without a mouse.

Any ideas?

:)

templar, Sep 8, 2017
  2. igonro Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

I have the same issue.

I don't know if keyboard shortcut worked well before, because I just configure keyboard shortcut now.

I don't think I made any changes related to keyboard shortcut.

If I want a keyboard shortcut to work, I have to open the File explorer or anything else, then keyboard shortcuts work well; but if I'm on desktop with no other program open, they don't work.

igonro, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Reassign shorcut

Hello,

You can customize keyboard shortcuts by assigning keyboard shortcuts (or shortcut keys) to a command, macro, font, style, or frequently used symbol. You can also remove keyboard shortcuts. For detailed process on how to customize your keyboard shortcuts,
    please check this link.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Keyboard shortcuts

Bree, Sep 8, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  6. templar Win User
    Thanks for the replies, chaps. I'm going to have to print out those comprehensive brinkster links so I can memorize them.

templar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts

1. Keyboard shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts

2. Windows 11 using keyboard zoom shortcuts by itself, even without keyboard plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 using keyboard zoom shortcuts by itself, even without keyboard plugged in: Im on a brand new PC that has been working fine for the past week and today it randomly keeps zooming in and out using the keyboard shortcuts ctlr+ and ctlr- I'm using a keyboard tester to see if this was the case.It is also doing this when the keyboard isn't plugged in and...
  3. Windows 11 using keyboard zoom shortcuts by itself, even without keyboard plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 using keyboard zoom shortcuts by itself, even without keyboard plugged in: Im on a brand new PC that has been working fine for the past week and today it randomly keeps zooming in and out using the keyboard shortcuts ctlr+ and ctlr- I'm using a keyboard tester to see if this was the case.It is also doing this when the keyboard isn't plugged in and...
  4. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  5. Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts

Cortana randomly takes over my copy and paste keyboard shortcuts: While using Microsoft Remote Desktop on a Mac, with "Use Mac shortcuts for copy, cut, paste and select all, undo, and find" checked in my preferences, most times, Copy and Paste work as I expect.Steps:1. Select text2. Cmd-C3. Click somewhere else in a document or field4....
  6. Mouse and keyboard doing shortcuts randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse and keyboard doing shortcuts randomly: I've been having this problem where random times when using my computer my keys just change, I can't use my keyboard or my space bar or open application and click on tabs whenever I click the space bar it comes up as functioning as a right click and when I try to open an...
  7. Mouse and keyboard doing shortcuts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard doing shortcuts randomly: I've been having this problem where random times when using my computer my keys just change, I can't use my keyboard or my space bar or open application and click on tabs whenever I click the space bar it comes up as functioning as a right click and when I try to open an...
  8. Mouse and keyboard doing shortcuts randomly

9. Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut in windows 10 for keyboard? I want to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut in windows 10 for keyboard? I want to make...: I want to make <shift>+P become my country's currencyAlt + 8369 in the numpadIt would be nice if I can just quickly type it by pressing shift key + P key... Is this possible from windows without any additional software or programs...
  10. Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut in windows 10 for keyboard? I want to make...

Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut in windows 10 for keyboard? I want to make...: I want to make <shift>+P become my country's currencyAlt + 8369 in the numpadIt would be nice if I can just quickly type it by pressing shift key + P key... Is this possible from windows without any additional software or programs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone keyboard shortcut