Windows 10: Keyboard shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by templar, Sep 8, 2017.

1. templar Win User

Keyboard shortcuts

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed ESC and also tried the CTRL-Z undo command but it doesn't work. I know I can simply click on my mouse and all highlighted text will be un-highlighted, but I want to learn how to operate without a mouse.

Any ideas?

:)

templar, Sep 8, 2017
  2. igonro Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

I have the same issue.

I don't know if keyboard shortcut worked well before, because I just configure keyboard shortcut now.

I don't think I made any changes related to keyboard shortcut.

If I want a keyboard shortcut to work, I have to open the File explorer or anything else, then keyboard shortcuts work well; but if I'm on desktop with no other program open, they don't work.

igonro, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Reassign shorcut

Hello,

You can customize keyboard shortcuts by assigning keyboard shortcuts (or shortcut keys) to a command, macro, font, style, or frequently used symbol. You can also remove keyboard shortcuts. For detailed process on how to customize your keyboard shortcuts,
    please check this link.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Keyboard shortcuts

Bree, Sep 8, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  6. templar Win User
    Thanks for the replies, chaps. I'm going to have to print out those comprehensive brinkster links so I can memorize them.

templar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard shortcuts

1. Keyboard shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard shortcuts

2. Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge: I thought this may be useful - it shows a list of all shortcuts for Microsoft Edge *Smile If you use a Mac just scroll down the page for more info Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge 159833
  3. Keyboard shortcut for volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for volume?: Hi All! I have spent a long time trying to find a keyboard shortcut to turn the volume up or down. That failed so I tried to make a hotkey but don't know how to code so that also failed. Am I missing something or is there a way to get it to work? thank you. submitted by...
  4. My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?

My keyboard doesn't have volume control. How can I change this as a shortcut on Windows 10?: Due to in and out hearing issues (long story), it's handy to have volume control on keyboard since I adjust it often. My old keyboard finally died and I have to use one without a volume control button. Is there a way I can bind volume up and down to a keyboard shortcut...
  5. I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...

I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...: Like title says. I dont have media shortcut keys on my keyboard and when i google i didnt find any windows shortcut keys for this. Is there a windows shortcut for this or maybe a third-party macro program which will not get me banned because of anti-cheats? submitted by...
  6. Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running

Keyboard Shortcuts only work if another program is running: I am using Windows 10, my keyboard shortcuts only work if another program is running, which is inconvenient since I use the shortcuts to launch every program I use regularly. I have tried researching but apparently google and I are having communication problems. Any guidance...
  7. Print screen shortcut for non full size keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Print screen shortcut for non full size keyboard?: I use dropbox for screenshots with the print screen button, i just got a new keyboard and it doesnt have that button, i got the logitech program so i can remap keys but print screen is not an option The snip tool wont work since it doesnt automatically save to dropbox the...
  8. Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard shortcuts changed in Japanese Microsoft IME in Windows 10 ver. 2004?: I'm a German, learning Japanese as a hobby, and until recently, I could write Japanese text via the Windows 10 Microsoft Japanese IME, switching between Hiragana and Katakana with the keyboard shortcuts "CTRL+CAPSLOCK" or "ALT+CAPSLOCK" respectively. In the May 2020 upgrade...
  9. “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?

in Windows 10 Customization
    “S” shortcut? Keyboard broken?: Every time I type “s” on the keyboard it opens a new window. I an unable to actually use the computer at this time. Is this a keyboard issue or did the kids hit a button that created this shortcut?...
  10. Keyboard Shortcut Help

Keyboard Shortcut Help: I was in the middle of typing and ended up hitting some wrong keys. I got these popup panels with my computer performance on them among other things (Happened to fast I can't remember). Definitely not the average task manager view. These panels were gray in my case. Not sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone keyboard shortcut