Windows 10: Keyboard Shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbwilsha, Feb 4, 2018.

1. cbwilsha Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts

How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want.

I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully turns them OFF.

:)

cbwilsha, Feb 4, 2018
  2. igonro Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

I have the same issue.

I don't know if keyboard shortcut worked well before, because I just configure keyboard shortcut now.

I don't think I made any changes related to keyboard shortcut.

If I want a keyboard shortcut to work, I have to open the File explorer or anything else, then keyboard shortcuts work well; but if I'm on desktop with no other program open, they don't work.

igonro, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    Reassign shorcut

Hello,

You can customize keyboard shortcuts by assigning keyboard shortcuts (or shortcut keys) to a command, macro, font, style, or frequently used symbol. You can also remove keyboard shortcuts. For detailed process on how to customize your keyboard shortcuts,
    please check this link.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us back.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Feb 4, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Keyboard Shortcuts

I'm not sure you can turn ALL of them off. But here's an article that explains how to turn off the Win+<key> kinds of shortcuts. The first method explains how to use Group Policy Editor (and thus, requires that you have Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education). The second method explains how to do it in the Registry, and should work with all Windows versions. Here's that link: Windows Key Shortcuts - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 4, 2018
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Thank you very much, Ed. I will check that out. And your answer gave me another hint. I may also be hitting the Win key first at times.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Feb 4, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I've seen two cases recently where somebody has complained that Windows 10 has "lost its color." Turns out that Winkey+Ctrl+C turns on the color filter and changes the color scheme to grayscale. Repeating the same key sequence turns color back on. One person did it themselves by accident, another's cat apparently lay down on the left hand corner of the keyboard and managed to trip that sequence. Go figure!
    Glad to get you pointed in the right direction.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard Shortcuts

1. Keyboard Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  4. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...
  5. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?: I believe the computer is stuck in shortcut mode, which is a mode I recently learned about in resolving this issue. Typing on the keyboard runs shortcuts instead of typing, this happens with the on-screen keyboard as well. Additionally, when I move the mouse across the screen...
  6. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?: I believe the computer is stuck in shortcut mode, which is a mode I recently learned about in resolving this issue. Typing on the keyboard runs shortcuts instead of typing, this happens with the on-screen keyboard as well. Additionally, when I move the mouse across the screen...
  7. Keyboard Stuck in Shortcut Mode?

8. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  9. Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard

Keyboard shortcut change for Slovak keyboard: I am using Slovak QWERTY keyboard layout + Slovak language input under Win 11. The interface language is English. The right square bracket key ] that should be typed by AltGr+G interferes with Search Google Drive Alt+Shift+G shortcut.Of course, there is a workaround by...
  10. keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?

keyboard with windows shortcuts always active - how to disable?: Hi,windows 11 - it seems that my keyboard has always the "windows shortcuts" always active if the caps-lock is not activatedif the caps-lock is active > i can write without issues but obvioysly only with capital lettersif the casp-lock is not active as soon as i click on a...