Windows 10: Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

Discus and support Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi -, I have purchased a brand new DELL INSPIRON MODEL 7591. The quotation key doesn't work when I press it once. But, when I press it twice, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anirban Naskar, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

Hi -,

I have purchased a brand new DELL INSPIRON MODEL 7591.

The quotation key doesn't work when I press it once. But, when I press it twice, it appears twice.

I have tried changing the "Settings -> Preferred Language" from "English India" to "English US" or "English UK". It didn't work. Further, I tried with the On-Screen Keyboard. There also, I see the same problem.

I contacted the DELL. They said it is an Windows problem. So, please help me fix this.

Additionally, what is the formal way of raising complaint / concern with Microsoft? I assume this community is informal.

P.S. > Windows edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language

Thanks and regards,

A Microsoft Windows customer

:)

Anirban Naskar, Sep 16, 2020

2. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Have to double press quotation mark to get it printed

Hi 陳郁佳, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

What keyboard layout are you using? I suppose it is the US International keyboard layout that requires pressing the quotation key twice.

I advise that you take the following steps.

Navigate to the Settings ->Time & Language -> Languages tab -> Click on English International and select Options ->Change it to English US.

Max Newman, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once

1. Keyboard Single and Double Quotation Key doesn't work when pressed once - Similar Threads - Keyboard Single Double

2. Cannot quickly double-press keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot quickly double-press keys on keyboard: Hi all, I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13t-aw000 running Windows 11. The issue that I'm having is that that I cannot quickly type two of the same character using my keyboard. For instance when typing the 'oo' in the word 'food' I either need to press 'o' three times in...
  3. Cannot quickly double-press keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot quickly double-press keys on keyboard: Hi all, I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13t-aw000 running Windows 11. The issue that I'm having is that that I cannot quickly type two of the same character using my keyboard. For instance when typing the 'oo' in the word 'food' I either need to press 'o' three times in...
  4. Double quotations in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double quotations in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater: G'day,For a while now I have been using a custom danish layout, but when coding have struggled with quotation marks. It seems that rather it typing out the curved double quotes, it instead does these: "" U+0022.How do I fix this inaccurate behavior?...
  5. Double quotations in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double quotations in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater: G'day,For a while now I have been using a custom danish layout, but when coding have struggled with quotation marks. It seems that rather it typing out the curved double quotes, it instead does these: "" U+0022.How do I fix this inaccurate behavior?...
  6. Double quotations in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Double key presses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double key presses: Recently I have been getting double keypresses on every key randomly. Not every time do the keys double press, but it seems if the key hasn't been pressed in a while it sometimes double presses. I've tried changing keyboards, didn't work. I've tried updating and reverting...
  8. Can't type quotation marks single or double

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type quotation marks single or double: I am using US Qwerty keyboard and English United States language pack. I have tried adding international keyboard and removing US keyboard. I have changed to different languages. I currently have to copy and paste the quote marks into a document. I saw many other users...
  9. Have to double press quotation mark to get it printed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have to double press quotation mark to get it printed: It is really annoying that I have to press quotation mark twice or press another key to get it printed on the screen. Please, advise how to change this annoying behaviour....
  10. Quotation Marks Doubled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quotation Marks Doubled: Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key. What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quotation-marks-doubled/587a1871-60d6-4f94-bbee-791895edd1e2