Windows 10: Keyboard software issue

Discus and support Keyboard software issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I keep having this issue where if I press certain keys once nothing will happen, and for the key to appear I have to press it twice, for example if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RuMyster, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Keyboard software issue

I keep having this issue where if I press certain keys once nothing will happen, and for the key to appear I have to press it twice, for example if I press the quotation key it won't appear, but if I press it twice it will appear as ""

submitted by /u/RuMyster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RuMyster, Oct 11, 2020

2. keyboard issues

Hello Suresh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?
    Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Keyboard software issue

Windows 10 keyboard issues

Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Keyboard issues can have a number of causes:

• Cables that aren't connected properly

• Incorrect device settings

• Missing updates

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers

• Hardware problems

Please share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you try to check if the issue persist while using other keyboard?

• Are you facing the same issue with an
      on screen keyboard as well?

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method: 1

I suggest you to run hardware & devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.

• Select “Troubleshooting”.

• Select “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click “Hardware & Sound”.

• Click “Hardware & devices”.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter

Method: 2

Uninstall and Reinstall the Keyboard Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Keyboard Drivers

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the
    driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard software issue

1. Keyboard software issue - Similar Threads - Keyboard software issue

2. windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.: i'm not in tablet mode, yet my windows 10 is behaving like it is in tablet mode by including some desktop mode features and some tablet mode features. i am not able to use my physical keyboard it is not a hardware issue, my keyboard works just fine in BIOS and start up as...
  3. windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10: touchpad and keyboard not working, software issue.: i'm not in tablet mode, yet my windows 10 is behaving like it is in tablet mode by including some desktop mode features and some tablet mode features. i am not able to use my physical keyboard it is not a hardware issue, my keyboard works just fine in BIOS and start up as...
  4. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  5. Keyboard typing and software bug issues

Keyboard typing and software bug issues: My keyboard start typing strange words e as é or ë , ē and c as ç etc. And it's happening both in virtual keyboard and laptop inbuilt keyboard and whenever I connect any external keyboard then also do the same problem. And whenever keyboard start doing this problem one bug...
  6. Software issues .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software issues .: Hey, I have a emachine desktop that's running windows 7 and I want to currently upgrade to windows 10. The problem is that I encounter issues like when I try to update it through the media tool, it'll process and grab all necessary0 files for that download then it'll take me...
  7. Software issues .

Software issues .: Hey, I have a emachine desktop that's running windows 7 and I want to currently upgrade to windows 10. The problem is that I encounter issues like when I try to update it through the media tool, it'll process and grab all necessary0 files for that download then it'll take me...
  8. software issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    software issue: so, a while back I took some steps to speed up my computer, minor things that didn't really matter, of these things were smooth scrolling, gif autoplay, and higher quality text was turned off all at once and I to this day have found no way to reverse it, all of the things I...
  9. software issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    software issue: after new 1903 software updating iam facing a problem, night light is not working plsssss help me anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-issue/8379d5be-f245-461f-9874-2f0973e411e2
  10. Software issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software issues: I recently tried to download and install some software from this site Worldwide Military Personnel and Unit Database Secure Software Installation Instructions 98 Million listings added since 04 July 1988. Active Military, Former Service, Military Family Members. I...