Windows 10: keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker?

Discus and support keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard has dedicated mute/decrease/increase speaker volumes. They used to work on my main speaker. Now when I press them the UI element appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipMiesle, Mar 2, 2021.

1. keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker?

My keyboard has dedicated mute/decrease/increase speaker volumes. They used to work on my main speaker. Now when I press them the UI element appears that makes it seem that volume is adjusting:

keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker? efec7dae-ea7a-4c03-99c9-72ce609e522c?upload=true.png

but in fact, volume does not adjust on my main speaker. I can control volume with the Taskbar speaker icon, but it is as if the keyboard speaker controls are connected to a different audio device my computer shows that I "have" 4 different speaker outputs available.

So, where do I find / control what speaker device my keyboard speaker buttons are connected to?

:)

PhilipMiesle, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Jessen P Win User

Sound stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

• Check your speaker and headphone connections for loose cables or the wrong jack.

• Check your power and volume levels, and try turning all the volume controls up.

• Some speakers and apps have their own volume controls, and you might have to check them all.

• Try connecting using a different USB port.

• And remember that your speakers probably won't work when headphones are plugged in.
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Mar 2, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Sound works on computer but stopped working in speakers

Never heard of that *Shock

OK, click on Start and type control (Control panel will open) In Control panel type Realtek in search box. Realtek HD audio manager should show - start it

Hope you have this installed...

Open it and on the right click (right click)) on green input - retask.. and select front speaker

keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker? [​IMG]

AndreTen, Mar 2, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker?

Sound works on computer but stopped working in speakers

*Thumbs

AndreTen, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker?

1. keyboard sound control stopped working - connected to wrong speaker? - Similar Threads - keyboard sound control

2. Speakers are connected, but no sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are connected, but no sound?: So my speakers are connected, all my driver's are updated, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled my driver's for my speaker and my Bluetooth, I've gone into my device manager and play around with the drivers there, I've disabled realtech speakers and have tried to make my...
  3. Speakers are connected, but no sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are connected, but no sound?: So my speakers are connected, all my driver's are updated, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled my driver's for my speaker and my Bluetooth, I've gone into my device manager and play around with the drivers there, I've disabled realtech speakers and have tried to make my...
  4. Keyboard sounds from speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard sounds from speaker: Whenever I type my keyboard sometimes makes a sound, but when I type in the Ctrl+F/G area it makes a sound constantly for every key I press, I've turned off every setting in keyboard with ease thing I've tried everything what else can I do?...
  5. Keyboard sounds from speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard sounds from speaker: Whenever I type my keyboard sometimes makes a sound, but when I type in the Ctrl+F/G area it makes a sound constantly for every key I press, I've turned off every setting in keyboard with ease thing I've tried everything what else can I do?...
  6. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  7. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  8. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Sound from speakers stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound from speakers stopped working: So sound on my computer has been working fine for as long as I’ve had it. I had an old ext-4 hard drive that I wanted to get at, and for the first time in years made an Ubuntu boot stick. Booted into Ubuntu to access hard drive, then went back to Windows. Now sound is dead...
  10. My speakers show they are connected and working but no sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My speakers show they are connected and working but no sound: I have everything plugged in fine, it shows everything is working in windows but there is no sound coming out of the speakers, I tried it on my headphones and it works fine. submitted by /u/sTAiRs123 [link] [comments]...