Windows 10: keyboard stop work after windows updates

Discus and support keyboard stop work after windows updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; keyboard stop work after Windows updates ,totally. I use on screen one ,it is crazy to klick on every letter ,what to do? no warranties. its Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OscarRacso, May 29, 2020.

1. keyboard stop work after windows updates

keyboard stop work after Windows updates ,totally. I use on screen one ,it is crazy to klick on every letter ,what to do? no warranties. its Lenovo laptop. Thanks for help.

:)

OscarRacso, May 29, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, May 29, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 29, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

keyboard stop work after windows updates

keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, May 29, 2020
Thema:

keyboard stop work after windows updates

1. keyboard stop work after windows updates - Similar Threads - keyboard stop updates

2. my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11: my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11.please help i have tried everthing on internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-stopped-working-after-update-windows/4cc39458-70f7-4bc9-ae8b-1dd6438f81d1
  3. my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11: my keyboard stopped working after update windows 11.please help i have tried everthing on internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-stopped-working-after-update-windows/4cc39458-70f7-4bc9-ae8b-1dd6438f81d1
  4. Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?: Hi.Ive just finished updating my laptop. And the keyboard and the trackpad stop working. Ive tried the update driver stuff and its still not working. Touch still works.. Please anyone help....
  5. My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update

My keyboard stopped working after windows 10 update: Heyeveryone! I hope you’re doing well. After Iupdated Windows a few weeks ago, my keyboard stopped working. Until March 27Theverything was alright, didn’t have issues but suddenly, the day March 28Thof 2021 when I turn on my pc, I could log into my User, it was disconnected...
  6. Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stop working after Windows 10 Update: Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Update. My desktop became inoperable. After spending a long time trying to fix this myself I had to take my desktop to a private tech guy. Why is this Windows update so disruptive? and shouldn't Windows be responsible for...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update: So yesterday when i turned off my pc the windows installed a update. Now when i turn on my pc my keyboard and mouse dont work. Need some help plsss. submitted by /u/BlackBaad [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates

Laptop keyboard stopped working after Windows 10 Updates: After installing the updates in Windows 10, my laptop (HP Pavillion n012tx) keyboard stopped working. The hardware seems fine as I'm able to access my keyboard in boot menu and tested it with trying Ubuntu, where keyboard worked fine. I installed windows over previous...
  9. keyboard stopped working after lates windows update

keyboard stopped working after lates windows update: the latest windows update ruined my keyboard, now i am not able o write a complete sentance without using OSK, the T Y 9 - [ ] contol buttons suddenly stopped working after i updated the windows, please can someone help me?...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update: I have a HP Envy Laptop M6-AQ105DX that the keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working (touch screen still works though). However they work in BIOS setup (mousepad, keyboard and keyboard backlight) and mouse pad works in SAFE mode. When I do a clean reinstall...