Windows 10: Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10)

Discus and support Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a windows update, my keyboard which used to be able to hold several keys at a time now won't do more than 2. I've looked into this but the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Widesalmon, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10)

After a windows update, my keyboard which used to be able to hold several keys at a time now won't do more than 2. I've looked into this but the only information I find is about keyboards that were built with this limitation, rather than my issue which just started happening one day. As one can expect, this makes gaming significantly harder, if not unplayable with some rhythm games. At one point, I decided to reset my laptop using windows Fresh Start, which made the issue go away for a few days, until it started again one day. My best guess as to what caused things to change is a windows update I'd had the night before, because I know I didn't mess with any settings. I've also reinstalled keyboard drivers, but can try again if needed. Anyone know what might be causing this?

:)

Widesalmon, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Robert427 Win User

Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10)

PS2 Keyboard not registering either parenthesis key

I have a Z170 chipset motherboard with a keyboard PS2 connector. I have several IBM Model M PS2 keyboards that recently stopped registering both the left and right parenthesis keystrokes. All other special characters work. The parenthesis keys DO work
    in the DOS window for Command Prompt. I do not know when this behavior started but it would have been recently.

I have tried all of the following with no success:

1. Turning on and off Filter Keys

2. Removing the PS2 keyboard, both HID Devices in the Device Manager and then scanning for new hardware

I am at a loss but it is a Windows 10 issue as can be seen by the issue is repeatable with multiple PS2 keyboards and is not an issue in the DOS Command Prompt box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert427, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10)

1. Keyboard stopped registering more than 2 keys at once (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Keyboard stopped registering

2. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  3. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once: whenever i press "q a z" it types "wq sa xz" and same happends for "w s x" ,even my numbers and esc are doing the same thing, its only the last 2 columns of keys on the left of my keyboard and its not chatteringis it bc it was downloading some thing from steam but paused it...
  4. Keyboard keys typing 2 letters at once

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop ignores key presses if more than 2 keys are pressed at once

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop ignores key presses if more than 2 keys are pressed at once: Hi. As the title says, my laptop ignores a key input if 2 other keys are also pressed. For example, when typing, I could hit S, U, then P, and, my device will send out a small, low pitched beep, and 99% of the time ignore the input. I don't have Stitcky Keys, Toggle Keys, or...
  6. Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use a Windows 10 key more than once?: If I want to reinstall my Windows 10 Pro, do I have to buy Windows again or can I use the previous key? Kann ich einen Windows 10 Key mehrmals verwenden?
  7. I cannot open more than 2 apps at once.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open more than 2 apps at once.: I've got a new PC a week ago, a good one so I'm assuming my PC is not the one that causes the issue. Everytime I try to open multiple app windows 2-3+ one of them crashes and as soon as I close one of them and reopen the one I was trying to open it works perfectly fine....
  8. Cannot use media keys more than once at a time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use media keys more than once at a time: Hey, It worked on my previous laptop, but no longer on my new one. When I use fn + down arrow key it pauses the song on spotify. But if I want to resume the song, I need to release the keys then use fn + down again, I can't just press fn then pressing down arrow key to...
  9. If you see this message more than once, ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If you see this message more than once, ...: For the last week or so, I've got this three or four times. [img] So this morning I went through the exercise to no avail. I just got it again. Anyone else getting it? Got any suggestions? I do appreciate y'alls time. Thank you 126957
  10. Updates installing more than once

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates installing more than once: Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just realized that KB4023057 has installed itself 3 times--November and December, 2018, and January 2019. KB4100347 has installed twice: once on January 29 and again today. Why would that be? 126628