Windows 10: Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Discus and support Keyboard stopped working on Surface in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Keyboard on Surface has stopped working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Server request timed out, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Keyboard on Surface has stopped working

:)

Server request timed out, Aug 4, 2019

2. Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Keyboard on Surface has stopped working

Server request timed out, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Ernesto Morales Sanchez, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Keyboard stopped working on Surface

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard stopped working on Surface

1. Keyboard stopped working on Surface - Similar Threads - Keyboard stopped working

2. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working: I was using the keyboard fine yesterday and then the today it stopped working. I reset the computer, I cleaned the parts with alcohol, I went on Device Manager to Uninstalled and install the keyboard. I did all of this and still the keyboard won't work....
  3. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working: I was using the keyboard fine yesterday and then the today it stopped working. I reset the computer, I cleaned the parts with alcohol, I went on Device Manager to Uninstalled and install the keyboard. I did all of this and still the keyboard won't work....
  4. Microsoft surfaces 7 keyboard stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working: My laptop 3 keyboard has stopped working since yesterday. In Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation mark next to "surface keyboard" under "Firmware". The property says " This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer Code 10. Firmware update was...
  6. Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Laptop 3 Keyboard and Mouse Have Stopped Working: My laptop 3 keyboard has stopped working since yesterday. In Device Manager, there's a yellow exclamation mark next to "surface keyboard" under "Firmware". The property says " This device cannot work properly until you restart your computer Code 10. Firmware update was...
  7. Sound stopped working on Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stopped working on Surface: Hi to all, Sound suddenly stopped working after in-place upgrade on Surface device. I have tried everything that I thought to be of relevance in this case, including: Resetting to defaults using cloud-based install/reset of Windows 10 Uninstalling the driver manually...
  8. Keyboard Stops Working!!!

Keyboard Stops Working!!!: I am using a Dell 3593 laptop with an external keyboard. When I put the laptop to sleep, the external keyboard stops working, and I have to plug it out and then plug in the USB for it to work again. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance! :...
  9. My surface keyboard is not working

My surface keyboard is not working: Few days before some keys where not working at somes.But now the whole keyboard is not working.Please reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-keyboard-is-not-working/45875e51-6c5b-498c-89e6-a0fe4a726957
  10. Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working

Surface book keyboard intermittently stops working: My surface book keyboard intermittently stops working. I have tried updating and rebooting, cleaning the connectors, charging up the battery, and nothing seems to fix the issue. The only button that always works is the button that allows me to disconnect the surface from the...