Windows 10: Keyboard stops responding

Discus and support Keyboard stops responding in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CliveBaxter2, May 30, 2022.

1. Keyboard stops responding

Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to get the keyboard working again. Any suggestions please?CRB

:)

CliveBaxter2, May 30, 2022

2. Issues with the keyboard as it stops responding in Windows 10

Original Title: Asus USB keyboard playing up

Sometimes my keyboard plays up. It's been happening for a couple of days now. Sometimes, the keyboard stops responding and I have to re-insert it or it locks onto one key like thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Any suggestions? I've tried troubleshooting the device but the results say that the keyboard could have simply stopped responding. It also is not affected by the ASUS Smart Gesture settings.

Student678, May 30, 2022
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Keyboard stops responding since last Windows update

Hi,

The latest update may have caused an altered setting in your keyboard configuration.
    Let us run the troubleshooter for Windows 10 keyboard to determine the cause of the issue and fix it.

Kindly follow the steps below:

• Select
      Start
      (Windows logo on the lower left corner of your screen).
    • Click
      Settings.
    • Click
      on Update & security
    • Choose
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under the
      Troubleshoot page, click on
      Keyboard, Find and fix problems with your computer's keyboard.
    • Then click on
      Run the troubleshooter.
    • Kindly check your basic keyboard functions (without the game on) and see if the issue was fixed.

If the issue persists you may also follow the steps under Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.

If the above steps will not work, kindly get back to us with
    current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer.

To know these details, follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Start
      button.

• Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enter
      to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know what happens after doing the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Rey Cam, May 30, 2022
  4. Keyboard stops responding

keyboard is not responding

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to use the On Screen Keyboard by click on Ease of access login to the computer and then follow the below methods.

Uninstall keyboard driver and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 30, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard stops responding

1. Keyboard stops responding - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops responding

2. keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not responding: my keyboard which is Bluetooth with a usb wire no longer responds. It lights up and makes sound with each tap but doesn't show on page local, nor online https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/9d0a92cc-f738-4442-8d49-3235259f245a
  3. Keyboard stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops responding: Hi,I have recently bought an HP desktop with Windows 11 version 21H2. Although I have set both the Display and the Computer power options to never switch off, the keyboard stops working after a couple of hours but the mouse keeps working OK. The PC then has to be rebooted to...
  4. Keyboard not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard not responding: Hey, i have an issue with my USB keyboard not responding. I've tried alot of tutorials like turning off filter keys, updating the keyboard drivers in the keyboard folder in the device manager but nothing seems to be working. Could someone help me out, it's a real headache....
  5. My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.: What is the procedure to get my keyboard and mouse to work again? I did something yesterday that I shouldn't have, and now I can't use either the keyboard or the mouse....
  6. keyboard not responding

keyboard not responding: After the last update the device went into tablet mode so I can only use the touch screen--how do I get the keyboard back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-not-responding/8668eb74-3ce6-47c1-991a-7762d0867705
  7. Sculpt Keyboard Stops Responding

Sculpt Keyboard Stops Responding: I've had a Sculpt keyboard for about 6 months. Starting yesterday, it stopped responding to any input, until the batteries were replaced. Upon re-inserting the batteries, it will worked for about 30 seconds, then stopped responding again. This has happened with multiple sets...
  8. Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel worksheet suddenly stops responding to keyboard: I have Office 365. In one Excel file which has several worksheets, one of the worksheets alsways the same one will suddenly not respond to the keyboard. If I go to another worksheet in the file and type, the keyboard works, and it then works on the worksheet that was not...
  9. Keyboard not responding

Keyboard not responding: The keyboard is not responding once the system goes to sleep, the System needs to be restarted to bring it back to the normal state. This issue has started after windows update. I've tried reinstalling keyboard drivers and updated Intel Management Engine Interface, still not...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random times

Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random times: At any time my mouse and keyboard stop working but everything keep on running fine but if i'm playing games at that point, the last key registered will continue to work and the numlock led keep on despite i tried to turn off. last update i did was Cumulative update for...