Windows 10: Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts

Discus and support Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard randomly starts opening up shortcuts. These are some of the things I've tried already: Resetting computer/turning it off Sometimes works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pablo Champion, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts

My keyboard randomly starts opening up shortcuts. These are some of the things I've tried already:

Resetting computer/turning it off Sometimes works

Sometimes the computer is typing normal just after I turned it on then it goes crazy. This is why I know there is no key stuck

Resetting computer to original settings keeping info

Use the alt control, alt win

Went into the device manager and I noticed 3 the same HID keyboard drivers installed aside from my razer keyboard driver. I uninstalled them just the HID and seemed like it worked, but once I put the computer to sleep and turned it on again the problem persisted and I noticed that the keyboard HID drivers were installed again.

Also, I noticed that when this happens, Ease of Access can't be opened. I use Cortana voice command when this happens and it says it's not installed. and Cortana starts typing really weird as well.

My computer is a 2020 razer blade 15 advance model.

PLEASE HELP

:)

Pablo Champion, Nov 21, 2020

2. Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 21, 2020
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts

1. Keyboard stops typing and opens shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops typing

2. What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...: I'm trying to learn what the keyboard shortcut key or combo for going into a text writing mode in Microsoft's Whiteboard application. Is there one that I can use and if not, why not?There is a keyboard shortcut for going into a pen drawing mode, multiple ones in fact. So, it...
  3. What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the keyboard shortcut for typing text in "WhiteBoard", if there is no keyboard...: I'm trying to learn what the keyboard shortcut key or combo for going into a text writing mode in Microsoft's Whiteboard application. Is there one that I can use and if not, why not?There is a keyboard shortcut for going into a pen drawing mode, multiple ones in fact. So, it...
  4. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  5. Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?

Are there keyboard shortcuts to Typing insights?: Hi, I like the Typing insights in windows 10.I wonder if I can use keyboard shortcuts to select the words, instead of moving the cursor to the word and click it.If that's currently not available, can you help me submit a request? Thank you!...
  6. Keyboard typing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  7. Keyboard typing shortcuts

Keyboard typing shortcuts: Hello!I'm experiencing some sort of a bug which actually might be shipped as a "feature". Every time I am typing the character between brackets <"> one time, using the shift + "-key, it doesn't appear on the screen until I am pressing it again and it will appear as 2x". If I...
  8. Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters in Windows 10: Are you facing an issue in which random applications open when you press any key on the keyboard? If random applications open when pressing any key on the keyboard & the keyboard is opening shortcuts instead of typing letters, then this post may help you. The issue is very...
  9. Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard opens shortcuts instead of typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Keyboard opens shortcuts instead of typing: Hello, I have a new out of box Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard and mouse combo - mouse works great. When using the keyboard to type it continually opens shortcuts and menu bars even when I deliberately pick up my hands and only hit one key. it does it on numerous keys...
  10. Creating keyboard shortcut for typed text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating keyboard shortcut for typed text: I’m looking for a way to create a keyboard shortcut for phrases and sentences that I type frequently. For example, I have to often type the phrase, “Review complete: no changes needed.” I’m thinking of a keyboard shortcut that looks something like “Ctrl rc” or “Alt 5656.”...