Windows 10: Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

Discus and support Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried two different corded USB keyboards now on my Desktop and both gave the same problem leading me to believe this has something to do with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattFanguy, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

I've tried two different corded USB keyboards now on my Desktop and both gave the same problem leading me to believe this has something to do with Windows 10 or my actual computer.

The keyboards were recognized and named correctly in "Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices", and listed on device manager as "HID Keyboard devices". However, the problem I'm getting is that after plugging in the keyboard and clicking in a field that allows me to type I can press a key and it will record that one keystroke, but afterwards it will completely stop recording anymore. I can repeat this over and over by unplugging and reconnecting the keyboard, each time only allowing one keystroke to be recorded.

Would anyone have a suggestion for how to go about troubleshooting this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, restarting, downloading new drivers, all with no luck and I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks so much in advance.

:)

MattFanguy, Jan 10, 2019

2. Microsoft Step Recorder not working.

Hi Christopher,

Microsoft Steps recorder is limited to
    Windows 7
    and Windows Server 2008 R2. You are facing the above issue due to incompatibility of the program with Windows 10.

Use Steps recorder by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Steps recorder
    • Select the top most search result and check if you are able to use the programs.

Write to us with the status of Microsoft Step Recorder not working on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Jan 10, 2019
  4. DavidA835 Win User

Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke

I tried all your steps and no luck. I have one of these keyboards at home and at work. Both have the same issue. It mainly is when you switch between programs the first keystroke is not registering.

This is very frustrating, especially when typing password.

David

DavidA835, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke

1. Keyboard stops working after recording one keystroke - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  3. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "\" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a\". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, \, and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying...
  4. Keyboard keystroke problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keystroke problem: Hello, today I've experienced a nightmare. Whenever I type something, it automatically adds "a" after it. For instance, when I press "a" it shows "a". When I go to the key test, it shows that I press F9, , and -> at the same time, although I don't. I have been trying numerous...
  5. Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.

Computer repeating keystroke with no keyboard.: Hello, I have searched for hours and have not seen any situation like this.The computer repeats the "Y" key in any text box indefinitely. Even with no keyboard attached.I have tried-with no keyboard attached to desktop-in safe mode-keyboard troubleshooter -uninstalling...
  6. Keystrokes Stop Registering

Keystrokes Stop Registering: Hi all,After ~15-20 minutes post-boot, my computer stops registering keystrokes. I can't type into notepad, firefox, start menu,or anything else. However, anything that's a command does work ex. WIN+D, ALT+TAB, ENTER, etc.. Caps lock + num lock turn on and off as well.The...
  7. Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - 1st Keystroke no working: It appears that the latest all black Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard - has a firmware issue and only after a few minutes it goes to sleep, the first keystroke wakes the power save feature embedded - which means that first keystroke does not appear on screen. Rendering this...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard keystrokes randomly stop being picked up and are fine after simply...

Bluetooth keyboard keystrokes randomly stop being picked up and are fine after simply...: So I have been having a problem with the bluetooth on my pc. I have a bluetooth keyboard, and I am able to sucessfully pair and connect it to my pc. However, at random times, the keystrokes from the keyboard will not be picked up by my pc. However as soon as I open the...
  9. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  10. The keyboard types multiple of the same letter with one keystroke?

The keyboard types multiple of the same letter with one keystroke?: I have already changed the keyboard settings through the "easy access". I have also changed the registery, with no change. I have also restored back to when it was working fine, days prior....