Windows 10: Keyboard stops working after some time

Discus and support Keyboard stops working after some time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rogn, Sep 18, 2015.

1. rogn Win User

Keyboard stops working after some time

Hello.
    Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after some time (for example after 15min after system start). I have to restart my pc in order to make it work again.
    I updated my drivers, but I'm still having this problem.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

:)

2. Keyboard stops working after some time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Please follow the steps to run hardware troubleshooter on the computer and check if that helps you:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Hardware and Devices
    option.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Now check if it the issue persists.

Method 2: Try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the driver and check.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Keyboard stops working after some time

Hello.

Yesterday I upgraded my Widnows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10. Everything worked fine, but I noticed that my keyboard (PS/2) stops working after some time (for example after 15min after system start). I have to restart my pc in order to make it work again.

I updated my drivers, but I'm still having this problem.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

NenadGajic, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard stops working after some time

1. Keyboard stops working after some time - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Why does the Windows keyboard and mouse stop working correctly after some time, and when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Windows keyboard and mouse stop working correctly after some time, and when...: Hello everyone.I recently got a not very pleasant problem. For some reason, Windows stops working normally with peripherals, and when you press a button, Windows opens Microsoft office 365. I even installed Windows 11 to try fix this problem. Some people had it too, and the...
  3. Why does the Windows keyboard and mouse stop working correctly after some time, and when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Windows keyboard and mouse stop working correctly after some time, and when...: Hello everyone.I recently got a not very pleasant problem. For some reason, Windows stops working normally with peripherals, and when you press a button, Windows opens Microsoft office 365. I even installed Windows 11 to try fix this problem. Some people had it too, and the...
  4. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  5. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio automatically stops working after some time: Hi there!I have been going this this problem for some time nowWhenever I turn my PC on, The Audio works fine for sometime but after sometime it gets muted by it-self .I have updated my Audio drives to the latest version but it still doesn't work. Whenever I use headphones...
  6. Audio automatically stops working after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some keyboard keys stop working sometimes: Hi, so my issue is that some of the keys on my keyboard which are six, five, volume up same button as f2, mute same button as f1, Control, and the squiggly one don't work when I press them. Sometimes they will work, and when one of them does, usually all of them start to....
  8. Some keys on my keyboard stopped working

Some keys on my keyboard stopped working: A few keys C, N, alt, space, backspace, etc. stopped working and at first i thought it might just be a broken keyboard so i bought a new one but the problem happened again. I managed to fix it for a day by updating my pc but then a day later the problem starts happening...
  9. Keyboard keys not working some times

Keyboard keys not working some times: I don't this is issue with keys. The -, =, left ctrl, 5 don't work some times and work other times without any issues. It is getting annoying and I can't seem to find something which will help...
  10. Internet stops working after some time of use.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working after some time of use.: My Internet stops working after some time of use and starts working again when I turn my wifi off and back on again.How can I stop this ?...