Windows 10: Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update

Discus and support Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; also the mousepad has completely stopped working. have to restart my pc again and again. anyone got any idea why? hp laptop paviliin g6. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/svayam--bhagavan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update

also the mousepad has completely stopped working. have to restart my pc again and again. anyone got any idea why?

hp laptop paviliin g6.

submitted by /u/svayam--bhagavan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/svayam--bhagavan, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Backlight of keyboard not working after Windows 10's latest update

Hi Patel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest keyboard drivers from device manager and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard drivers and select
      “Update”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update

Keyboard stops working when I switch profiles

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your keyboard. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update

1. Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update: Just updated Windows 10 and my USB keyboard Logitech K120 is not working. It works fine on another PC. Reverted to a previous version. Didn't solve. Deleted and reinstalled drivers. Didn't solve. Did troubleshoot. Again, didn't solve. Device doesn't work in BIOS as well....
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  5. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  7. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  9. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  10. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. key board hangs after sometime in windows 10