Windows 10: Keyboard stops working in games

Discus and support Keyboard stops working in games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello my keyboard just stops working when im playing games, ive tried multiple keyboards in every usb hub and it keeps happening. it only happened in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bahbryson, Oct 20, 2018.

1. bahbryson Win User

Keyboard stops working in games

hello my keyboard just stops working when im playing games, ive tried multiple keyboards in every usb hub and it keeps happening. it only happened in black ops 4 but then started in destiny 2 now in almost any game i play my keyboard will shut off midgame but my mouse will still work. anyone know what will cause this issue? help me please and thank you i cant figure this out

:)

bahbryson, Oct 20, 2018

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    keyboard stopped working

Hi Zunair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

1. What update are you referring to?

I suggest you to pug in external keyboard and check if it works.

Let’s troubleshoot the issue by referring to these methods and check the issue status:

Method 1:

Refer to the link to run the troubleshooter:

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2:

Let’s try updating the driver for the mouse and keyboard and verify the results. Follow the steps:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

b) Locate the Key board device icon. Right click on the driver icon.

c) Select Update driver software.

c) Select "browse my computer for a driver software".

d) Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

e) Select the driver option according your device model and installed.

f) If this does not work, follow the steps from ‘a’ to ‘c’ and select “Search automatically for the updated driver”.

g) Choose the same steps to update the driver for keyboard as well.

Check if it resolves the issue. If not, I would suggest you to download and install the latest available drivers for the keyboard from manufacturer website of the laptop. If the issue still persists, install the driver in Windows Compatibility mode and check
    if that helps.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to

help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Keyboard stops working in games

Keyboard stop working

Hi Juan,

There several reasons which can cause the keyboard to stop working, one is due to a possible driver issue. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are there keys on your keyboard that are not working/malfunctioning? If not, is it not working at all?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard stops working in games

1. Keyboard stops working in games - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Keyboard stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working: I am using Windows 10 on my desktop computer and using a logitech wireless keyboard via USB. Starting yesterday, my keyboard stops letting me type anything when I run another program such as when I play music on MediaMonkey or Spotify or open Calibre library management...
  3. ASUS Gaming Laptop--GL307V--Keyboard stopped working

ASUS Gaming Laptop--GL307V--Keyboard stopped working: I have an ASUS Gaming Laptop--GL307V--the keyboard has stopped working. The pad works, so I can move the mouse, however, the only way that I can type is to use an external keyboard. Additionally, I noticed that the light that use to illuminate is no longer illuminating. I...
  4. keyboard suddenly stops working mid game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard suddenly stops working mid game: hi there everyone its been about 5 days that suddenly in mid game my keyboard stops working tried everything and still have the issue sfcscan, reinstall drivers, ..... hope someone can help me solve this issue...
  5. Keyboard Stops Working!!!

Keyboard Stops Working!!!: I am using a Dell 3593 laptop with an external keyboard. When I put the laptop to sleep, the external keyboard stops working, and I have to plug it out and then plug in the USB for it to work again. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance! :...
  6. keyboard stop work

keyboard stop work: please, I need your help. the keyboard lenovo ideapa 320. windows 10 home 64 bit. stop work after the update. why can I do? Thanks for your fastest answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-stop-work/1619f546-f757-486e-a6ce-8ff604e154b3
  7. Keyboard stops working

Keyboard stops working: Three or four times a day the keyboard stops working for about 5 minutes. I can't enter text or use any of the keys. I can't open Task Manager with ctrl-alt-delete to investigate. The mouse still works. I can use it to close or open programs, shutdown etc. Does anyone have a...
  8. Mouse + keyboard and sound stop working while gaming

Mouse + keyboard and sound stop working while gaming: Hello! I have this problem for a while now, when I am gaming after a while my keyboard + mouse and sound stop working but the game goes on. I just can't do anything. I tried deinstalling my graphics drivers and installing them again but that didnt work, I also updated...
  9. Mouse + keyboard and sound stop working while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse + keyboard and sound stop working while gaming: Hello! I have this problem for a while now, when I am gaming after a while my keyboard + mouse and sound stop working but the game goes on. I just can't do anything. I tried deinstalling my graphics drivers and installing them again but that didnt work, I also updated...
  10. Keyboard stops working in games

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard stops working in games: hello my keyboard just stops working when im playing games, ive tried multiple keyboards in every usb hub and it keeps happening. it only happened in black ops 4 but then started in destiny 2 now in almost any game i play my keyboard will shut off midgame but my mouse will...