Windows 10: Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop

Discus and support Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a keyboard issue with my Dell Inspiron 3585. It started failing after the recent update on windows about a week ago. It works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Top user, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Top user Win User

Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop

Hello!

I am having a keyboard issue with my Dell Inspiron 3585. It started failing after the recent update on windows about a week ago. It works flawlessly for about 15 hours after restarting my laptop and then stops working. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard driver in device manager and then restarting and this helps a bit and the problem does not occur for 3 days and then starts again. I have tried to find a keyboard driver for Dell Inspiron 3585 on Dell support, but there was none for this device.

Thank you.

:)

Top user, Jan 21, 2021

2. Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

It hasn't been worked on and it was working fine just before the upgrade

fallenhrts, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Some keyboard keys stopped working after windows 10 upgrade

Has the Notebook been worked on? Do any of those keys work if holding down the Shift key? Have you used compressed air to blow out any crud that may be blocking the keys?

It's not expensive nor hard to replace the keyboard, usually can find a video or step-by-step articles on the 'net.
    Amazon shows a new keyboard:
    Amazon.com: Dell Inspiron 15 (3521 / 5521) Laptop Keyboard - YH3FC - Genuine Dell Part: Computers Accessories

Berton, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop

Dell Laptop Keyboard not working

Sooo.....I had to run a virus sweep on a buddie's laptop. Killed something called "Personal Antivirus." Cool, right?

Well, his keyboard won't work after logging into Vista Home Premium. It works at boot, lwets you type in the password, but after logging into no love from the KB.

It's a Dell Studio 1735 if that helps. Any ideas?

DonInKansas, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop

1. Keyboard stops working on Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.: My laptop keyboard randomly stops working. The only way to get it back to work is by a hard reset press the power button to shut off the laptop or navigate in the system and press shut down. The it will work for an undetermined amount of time it could be few minutes, hours,...
  3. Laptop keyboard stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  4. Laptop keyboard stops working.

Laptop keyboard stops working.: Hello, My lenovo laptops keyboard stops working after a few minutes. When i restart, it works again and then stops after few minutes.When i connect an external usb keyboard that works fine.Any possible reason/solution?I've already tried famous fixes such as driver...
  5. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Stops Working

Laptop Keyboard Stops Working: Hi everybody,IT'S URGENT.My laptop keyboard stopped working. Some keys are not working at all. This is an issue a very BIG issue. Could anybody help me fix it??I have also googled how to fix this issue, tried doing everything, all the steps they said. But it is not working at...
  7. Laptop's Keyboard stopped working completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's Keyboard stopped working completely: I was working on my computer it was working well till last night.Some days earlier my touchpad and keyboard both were behaving abnormally but I found that problem was in Mice and other pointing device's driver so I just disabled it and my problem was resolved. But I don't...
  8. Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working

Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working: Dell laptop build in webcam stopped working. Get error code: 0xA00F4244<noCameraAreAttached. Privacy settings are all on. In Device Manager I do not get a Camera option....
  9. Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559. The camera of my laptop stopped working as expected. It works only when I turn on the laptop, but when it goes to sleep or I close the lid the issue shows up. It starts working only after rebooting my laptop. My touchpad has also stopped working. Help!...
  10. laptop keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard stopped working: my Windows 10 laptop keyboard stopped working, how do i fix it? it is the built-in keyboard, not a peripheral. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-stopped-working/5c321f64-21f0-4847-8810-1214c02df5fb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix keyboard keys not working on dell laptop