Windows 10: Keyboard stops working randomly

Discus and support Keyboard stops working randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. Recently, I've been experiencing some keyboard problems. The issue occurs at random times, and I've tried updating the drivers. I am certain that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WindowsUser1997, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Keyboard stops working randomly

Hi. Recently, I've been experiencing some keyboard problems. The issue occurs at random times, and I've tried updating the drivers. I am certain that this is a software/driver problem, as opposed to a hardware/mechanical problem, as the keyboard starts working fine right after a hard restart (holding the power button). Other details that come with the issue is that, since the mouse would still work, I could still navigate around the desktop and try to restart through the windows button. The issue is that the shut down process doesn't completely go through and just gives me a black screen up until it gives me the "start windows normally screen," which is impossible to operate since the keyboard doesn't work. I would then resort to doing a hard reset to make the keyboard functional again.

If you need any more details let me know.

Thanks.

:)

WindowsUser1997, Dec 31, 2016

2. My Keyboard stops working after a few minutes.

I'm having a similar issue. My keyboard randomly stops working in windows and windows apps, but it will work in chrome.

NathanUpchurch, Dec 31, 2016
  3. My keyboard and mouse randomly stops working

Hey

My keyboard and mouse randomly stops working after about 15 minutes or after 2 minutes I open my computer.

Unplugging and plugging again doesn't work.

Both keyboard and mouse are wired.

Everest Rampage KB-R7 Keyboard

Logitech M100

How do I fix this please help me out!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

handykiller123, Dec 31, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Keyboard stops working randomly

Does an external keyboard work? You could check that the keyboard connector is making a good connection if you know how to repair the laptop. Is there a hardware diagnostic program you can run? Also try removing the battery for a few minutes if you know how to do this which will force a reset.

Steve C, Dec 31, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard stops working randomly

1. Keyboard stops working randomly - Similar Threads - Keyboard stops working

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  4. Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard randomly stops working.: My laptop keyboard randomly stops working. The only way to get it back to work is by a hard reset press the power button to shut off the laptop or navigate in the system and press shut down. The it will work for an undetermined amount of time it could be few minutes, hours,...
  5. Keyboard stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi,I've done some searching but I think the keywords I'm using aren't finding me relevant articles.I have multiple keyboards of different providers that all do the same thing.I recently rebuilt my PC and have had an occasional issue where sometimes the keyboard will stop...
  6. Keyboard randomly stopped working

Keyboard randomly stopped working: My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself. (Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad). I have tried: Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them. Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe...
  7. Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly: Hi Microsoft, For the past week or so I've been having an issue where my wireless keyboard and mouse stop working at random moments. When the computer starts up everything works fine, and after half an hour or so the input device suddenly becomes unresponsive. Peculiar...
  8. Keyboard sometimes stops working randomly

Keyboard sometimes stops working randomly: Keyboard is a Gigabyte Force K85. I have a problem that the keyboard sometimes stops responding to keystrokes, I don't know if this is a driver issue or a issue with the keyboard. At first I thought it only happened when I didn't use the keyboard for a while, happened 2...
  9. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...