Windows 10: Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from...

Discus and support Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community, I have a new Lenovo laptop with 12GB RAM: [ATTACH] However, the first 10 programs made up only around 2.7GB of my RAM. Thus, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by exceluser_123, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from...

Dear community,

I have a new Lenovo laptop with 12GB RAM:

Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... d2681fca-5721-4789-9aeb-69d73c8b79c4?upload=true.jpg

However, the first 10 programs made up only around 2.7GB of my RAM. Thus, I am a bit skeptical why 70% of my memory are supposed to be taken:

Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... 2f58e5c8-3881-4f97-b2db-70658e63aa5f?upload=true.jpg

Additionally, I am wondering why there are 40 instances of Chrome and it is taking so much RAM. I only had around 10 tabs open at the time. Or could it be related to addins as well and what is the best way to reduce the RAM usage of Chrome?

I am really frustrated because this high RAM usage means that I often cannot directly type with my keyboard, but that strokes are only shown after a few seconds.

Thanks for your help!

:)

exceluser_123, Mar 31, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Ram Issue

I think that is actually normal!

To reduce the need for paging, Windows 10 compresses data in RAM. When I first read about this, I thought the overhead from the compression would slow the CPU's performance. It does, but not as much as paging does.

Since we know that "unused RAM is wasted RAM" it makes sense to use RAM that would go otherwise unused for this purpose.

BulldogXX, Mar 31, 2020
  3. PC using ram for no reason

Yeah Chrome loves RAM, but if all the memory used is showing under System, it might just be your SuperFetch system at work. Try this out for me:

• Close all programs that are running, and also in the taskbar notification area by the clock, exit anything you can (Chrome might be there, among many other things... I like to tell Chrome not to run in the background silently there but that's just personal
      preference, I only want it running when I'm using it).
    • Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Escape) and go to the Performance tab.
    • Click Open Resource Monitor
    • Go to the Memory tab

On here, observe how much memory is truly "in use". The system will usually use a lot of standby RAM, making it look like your RAM is super full, but in reality the standby ram can be cleared in 1/1000th of a second, instantly for any other program to use.
    So it's not really "full" ram if this is the case.

For example, here's my computer currently below. I'd love to see your view of this as well if you care to share.

Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... 2037de7b-0fa4-420b-9c4b-9debaa13f405.png

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 31, 2020
  4. Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from...

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... :D

DrunkenMafia, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from...

1. Keyboard strokes appear after a few seconds, slow RAM for no reason / reduce RAM from... - Similar Threads - Keyboard strokes appear

2. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  3. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade: Hello! after upgrading my laptops ram from 8gb to 16gb it started running slower, i tried reinstalling the 8gb stick, like the way it was before, it got better but in games i kept having a lot of stuttering, i tried running a memtest but it said that everything was okayI have...
  4. Laptop Slow after Ram Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard disconnects after a few seconds: Hello, I am running Windows 10 x64 version 10.0.19042 on a DELL Inspiron 7537 laptop and I cannot use external keyboards. I used three different keyboards Cherry RS6600 USB and APD KUS0967, both with smart card reader that work on other computers but not on mine....
  6. Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reducing RAM Usage.: I have had my PC for a while and its slowly been slowing down.. In the first SS it shows the processes using my RAM In the second SS it shows the RAM usage and the numbers dont seem to add up Is there some Cache i dont know about that should be cleared or is there something...
  7. Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop RAM suddenly reduced.: WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE, 1903 Hi, I have a Fujitsu Lifebook A555 with pre-installed 4Gb DDR3 1600MHz RAM which used to show a total of 3.9Gb and free memory of 1.6Gb. Today I noticed that in the task manager, in the Performance>Memory section, it shows the RAM specs. as...
  8. How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to reduce RAM usage? 21/24GB RAM used: Please advise Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos Shared album - Miggitsog3 - Google Photos 138213
  9. 1903 update reduced RAM speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 update reduced RAM speed: Hi all, Recently updated Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903, and Windows now reports my total RAM speed as 2133 MHz. Before it was operating at 2400 MHz. 2400 is what the current processor supports. AIDA64 reports effective RAM speed is now 2133 MHz (which is what Task Man...
  10. Reduce laptop RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reduce laptop RAM: I have an old laptop (dual core Celeron), and it only has one job: to display PDF docs for me to read. Win10 at present uses 850 megs, Can I reduce RAM usage even more? 44371