Windows 10: Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working

Discus and support Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help When i type on my keyboard the computer tends ro have little hiccups here and there. When it does it either not recognize my keyboard for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karatzu, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Karatzu Win User

Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working

Please help

When i type on my keyboard the computer tends ro have little hiccups here and there. When it does it either not recognize my keyboard for a second or two ignoring the letters I press. Other times it decides to register the letter i pressed like 20 times in a row.

Example: I try typing "Apple Pie" but the it registers as "Ale Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie"

* Skips the P and goes off on i.

This happens with "backspace" too... That geys annoying

Sometimes it affects the mouse too, not as much, but it happens. Either it doesn't want to register me moving my mouse or decides to fling the arrow all the way to the corner of the screen.

I'm a writer and a gamer, so this two problems are huge.

I've been looking for a solution online, but i can't find anything. I've tried using different mouse & keyboard, but nothing. It always happens. I've use them in other computers and they work fine, so i know the problem is within the computer. Its brand new; had it only for about 2 weeks now and its already having trouble. Even when booting up it takes 30 min but that might be a problem for another question

Not sure if the problem is a Hardware issue or software issue.

:)

Karatzu, Aug 8, 2020

2. keyboard stuck

Hi Austin,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working

number two stuck on keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might be happening because of the faulty device.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device?
    3. What is the make and model number of the device?
    4. Is this issue happening on Laptop or desktop keyboard?
    5. Which Operating system is installed on your device?

Step 1: If the issue is causing with the faulty driver, run the Hardware Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start.
    2. Search for Troubleshoot and click on it.
    3. Click on Keyboard and Run the troubleshooter.
    You may also refer the article to
    fix issues related to keyboard in Windows

Step 2: You can also try with “Onscreen keyboard” to check the working of numeric key.

1. Open run command (Windows and R key), type in
      OSK.

2. Use the numeric 2 and check the status.
    If the issue is only with the specific numeric key (Number 2), I suggest you to check with the manufacturer for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working

1. Keyboard "Stuck" or Not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard Stuck working

2. keyboard clicks stuck on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard clicks stuck on: my cat jumped on my keyboard and now keyboard clicks are stuck on. i have no idea what she did. i went to ease of access and turned off filter keys, sticky keys, everything. it's still happening. i'm at a total loss for what to do. sometimes it doesn't happen but it always...
  3. I’m stuck on reset loop and my keyboard is not working

I’m stuck on reset loop and my keyboard is not working: For more details on I turn my laptop On and says automatic repair then screen goes blue then black and says diagnosi your pc and it’s like loop And the keyboard isn’t working...
  4. I’m stuck on reset loop and my keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m stuck on reset loop and my keyboard is not working: For more details on I turn my laptop On and says automatic repair then screen goes blue then black and says diagnosi your pc and it’s like loop And the keyboard isn’t working...
  5. I’m stuck on reset loop and my keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Keyboard stuck in Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stuck in Shortcuts: I have had an issue since installing the latest windows updates a few days ago. Had no issues prior to the update, so I know for a fact it's not a hardware issue.Keyboard on my laptop is now stuck in shortcut mode. Nothing works on it. Even the on screen keyboard only opens...
  7. Keyboard stuck in Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stuck in Shortcuts: I have had an issue since installing the latest windows updates a few days ago. Had no issues prior to the update, so I know for a fact it's not a hardware issue.Keyboard on my laptop is now stuck in shortcut mode. Nothing works on it. Even the on screen keyboard only opens...
  8. Keyboard stuck in Shortcuts

9. Windows 10 reset stuck, keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset stuck, keyboard not working: I have a HP Pavilion x360 touchscreen, 6 years old, running Windows 10. It's had some problems, and when trying to check the battery I obviously disturbed something else, so most of the keys on the keyboard don't work now. This didn't seem a problem as I can still use it in...
  10. Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on hello there screen mouse won’t work or keyboard but works in bios: Mouse and keyboard won’t work unless it’s in bios I recently reset my computer and it’s froze and can’t see my mouse on the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-hello-there-screen-mouse-wont-work-or/ab900eb9-4d0c-4ccb-accd-bc242b76ca14