Windows 10: Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

Discus and support Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nakaida, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Nakaida Win User

Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers.

:)

Nakaida, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Keyboard types letters instead of numbers when inputting card details

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the keyboard issue that type letters instead of numbers when putting in card details. Kindly refer to the response of
    Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to use the correct software keyboard.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Sep 17, 2019
  3. mccoady Win User
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: mom@outlook.com.

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: mom@outlook.com. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: mom@outlook.com but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

mccoady, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Thema:

1. Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address - Similar Threads - Keyboard substituting letters

2. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  3. My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My QWERUIOP is typing numbers instead of letters: im using laptop keyboard, yesterday i was about to use my laptop but suddenly when i open chrome and tried to type my QWERUIOP is typing 1234567890. i've turned off my numlock i tried to reset my keyboard driver, it just wouldnt work, my dad also couldnt fix this issue....
  4. my keyboard writes numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard writes numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't work: hello i have a fujitsu H730recently i opened it for some cleaning and in order to open it i have to take the keyboard off itwhen i did that then installed it again i faced a problem which is the letters U I O J K L etc. gives numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't...
  5. my keyboard writes numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't work

my keyboard writes numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't work: hello i have a fujitsu H730recently i opened it for some cleaning and in order to open it i have to take the keyboard off itwhen i did that then installed it again i faced a problem which is the letters U I O J K L etc. gives numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't...
  6. my keyboard writes numbers instead of letters and the numpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of numbers, letters and function keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does shortcuts instead of numbers, letters and function keys: my keyboard keeps switching around shortcuts and does weird stuff, like when i press the button one it just opens a new chrome tab and if i doesn't have chrome open it just opens up a internet explorer tab. if i just press all the command and control type buttons it changes...
  8. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of numbers, letters and function keys

Keyboard does shortcuts instead of numbers, letters and function keys: my keyboard keeps switching around shortcuts and does weird stuff, like when i press the button one it just opens a new chrome tab and if i doesn't have chrome open it just opens up a internet explorer tab. if i just press all the command and control type buttons it changes...
  9. Keyboard does shortcuts instead of numbers, letters and function keys

10. Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters

Keyboard typing numbers instead of letters: keyboard types numbers instead of letters in the command window. Also in some other apps. Not in notepad, not in google chrome not in file explorer. Pressing Num Lock doesn't change anything. Using an Asus UX31e Zenbook with external mouse, keyboard and monitor. Keyboard...