Windows 10: Keyboard suddenly changed

Discus and support Keyboard suddenly changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While I was working on my PC on a Belgian keyboard setting with ! on the 8 key, my keyboard suddenly changed to a French keyboard. I have tried to put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shadir, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Shadir Win User

Keyboard suddenly changed

While I was working on my PC on a Belgian keyboard setting with ! on the 8 key, my keyboard suddenly changed to a French keyboard. I have tried to put it back multiple times, using both Belgian period and comma keyboard settings but neither of them are actually putting it back to the settings I need. I can't afford to have to re-learn literally almost the entire keyboard.

Is there a way to get this keyboard layout back? I really need this fixed.

Thanks in advance,

This layout: File:Belgian keyboard layout.png - Wikimedia Commons

:)

Shadir, Oct 3, 2018

2. Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard suddenly changed - Similar Threads - Keyboard suddenly changed

2. The language suddenly changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The language suddenly changed: The language was originally in English. Then suddenly changed to Chinese, now to French.Please advise what is going on.11d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-language-suddenly-changed/cb5c9f82-6c0b-4d3b-90f0-f0ab23e6f299
  3. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  4. My keyboard is not working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is not working suddenly: I have gone to the device manager settings, tried to update the drive but nothing happened. Please tell me what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-working-suddenly/6eaeac4e-9a2b-4c5b-8bc8-b4c6b034eb6e
  5. sudden color changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    sudden color changes: Alright, for the past month or so, once every week roughly, my taskbar color, as well as the general window color has changed from my preferred dark to light on its own. By that i mean the choice given in the colors tab under the personalization menu. I don't know what is...
  6. Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning: The wireless keyboard for my desktop suddenly stopped working as I was typing. Battery, dongle, and USB port were all fine. Plugged in a wired keyboard and that didn't work either. Shut down the computer, turned it back on, and pressed F2 repeatedly. That brought up the...
  7. Stop Windows 10 from suddenly changing keyboard language layout?

Stop Windows 10 from suddenly changing keyboard language layout?: I want to prevent Windows 10 from automatically changing my keyboard language layout. I want to keep ONLY Spanish keyboard layout because it's what I see in printed on the physical keys of the keyboard and this is how I write. But Windows 10 keep changing 'updating' and...
  8. Built-in keyboard was suddenly remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in keyboard was suddenly remapped: Hello! Here are the keys that were suddenly remapped in my keyboard: 1 -> F2 2 -> Esc 3 -> none 4 -> Esc F1-12 -> Esc Spacebar -> Esc Insert, Del, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn -> Esc *Esc, F1-12, Insert, Del, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn are all at the top row of this keyboard....
  9. calculator suddenly changes

in Windows 10 Support
    calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  10. Suddenly a Key will CHANGE

Suddenly a Key will CHANGE: Suddenly, either the Master or the Slave PC, connected with an ethernet cable, is CHANGING the keys so I get a mismatch error pop-up. This is after using MWB for years now. It has been very stable. Is there a way to ENSURE that when I go through the setup, I can SAVE the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone keyboard changed suddenly to arabic