Windows 10: Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

Discus and support Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FionaMBryce, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and highlights a word there. It is driving me mad. I tried looking at keyboard settings and switching off all autocorrect functions but that did not help. The system tells me that all the drivers are up to date and that the keyboard is functioning correctly. I am not sure what else I can do to try and reset the keyboard . It has

:)

FionaMBryce, Dec 7, 2022

2. Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 7, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

1. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing - Similar Threads - Keyboard suddenly doing

2. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  3. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  4. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  5. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  6. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing on its own: My laptop keyboard is typing * on its own. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/0d082fc5-9252-49e2-8b62-192404cf0098
  7. Computer launching things on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer launching things on its own: So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set to autorun. I've seen it do this before also. Is it someone who has hacked me maybe? I am not sure what might be causing it....
  8. keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly: My keyboard starts typing "*" on its own repeatedly until you press any key. Initially it was only in excel and word but now it is happening everywhere you can type, including search boxes...
  9. Computer does things on its own

Computer does things on its own: Hello, when I try to login to windows, the computer keys in its own keys, or it won't always let me punch in the numbers required to login. Once I do finally log in, it is like I am continually hitting the tab key as the icons on my task bar get highlighted quickly and...
  10. Things opening on its own

Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...