Windows 10: Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning

Discus and support Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The wireless keyboard for my desktop suddenly stopped working as I was typing. Battery, dongle, and USB port were all fine. Plugged in a wired keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Payitforword88888, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning

The wireless keyboard for my desktop suddenly stopped working as I was typing. Battery, dongle, and USB port were all fine. Plugged in a wired keyboard and that didn't work either.

Shut down the computer, turned it back on, and pressed F2 repeatedly. That brought up the diagnostic page. Ran a quick hardware diagnostic test and got the hard disk short dst failed. Exited, the computer started up again, and suddenly the keyboard works again. I'm concerned that this may repeat.

:)

Payitforword88888, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

keyboard stopped working after bootup in windows 10

Hi Thomas,

There may be a number of reasons why a keyboard would suddenly stop functioning properly. Kindly provide answers to the information listed below, so we could further assess on this issue:

• Are you getting any error messages that could pertain to your keyboard?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are there any noticeable physical damages on the keyboard?
    • Is the keyboard connected to the PC wired or wireless?
    • Does this issue happen intermittently, or all the time?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Devices, Keyboard suddenly not functioning

Hi. Good day. I recently had a problem about my keyboard. Last December 14,2017 it was functioning well but on the day after that it suddenly stopped functioning. My keyboard is Razer Blackwidow Chroma. Yes, I did try reinstalling their software (a couple
    of times), I did plug it on the other usb ports of my computer. I tried to check the device manager this was the one that shows out (see the picture below)
    Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning dc3b2ac1-7737-4b01-a83f-8d2b84420703.jpg
    I also tried a new keyboard to my computer (fantech k611) but it also shows the same result as the last keyboard. Any idea on how do I solve this?

StevenSampaga, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning

1. Keyboard Suddenly Stopped Functioning - Similar Threads - Keyboard Suddenly Stopped

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard function stopped working

Keyboard function stopped working: Earlier this evening I must have had something sitting on top of my keyboard on my desktop Windows 10 PRO PC. My wife and I heard some beeps and tones. When later I went to type something, nothing happened. I use wireless USB keyboards. I thought the batteries died, so I...
  8. Spotlight Function suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight Function suddenly stop working: "Spotlight" function has stopped working".PREVIEW IMAGE " is now blank on the Lockscreen Settings Page There is nothing also showing on mainscreen Lockscreen page. Just happened recently....
  9. KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING

KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING: Num Lock function on Microsoft Natural Keyboard stopped functioning. Have tried various troubleshooting recommendations. But problem still not resolved. How do I get the Num Lock function working again?...
  10. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...