Windows 10: Keyboard switched @ and ".

Discus and support Keyboard switched @ and ". in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've read that I have to change my region settings to United Kingdom but it already is set to united kingdom and my " and @ have still switched.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IrohaChan, May 14, 2020.

1. IrohaChan Win User

Keyboard switched @ and ".

I've read that I have to change my region settings to United Kingdom but it already is set to united kingdom and my " and @ have still switched.

:)

IrohaChan, May 14, 2020
  2. JP2016 Win User

Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, May 14, 2020
  3. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, May 14, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard won't connect to Windows 10 Pro through Lindy KM Switch after upgrade from Win7 Pro

Hi,

The issue might occur if the device is not compatible with Windows 10. Since you mentioned that it's not working if the keyboard is connected to Lindy KM Switch. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you check if the keyboard will be detected by your
    PC while it’s connected to Lindy KM Switch. Follow the steps below to check:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the arrow button beside Keyboard and look for the name of your keyboard.

If it’s not there, we recommend that you visit Lindy KM Switch’s website to verify if the device you are using is compatible with Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard switched @ and ". - Similar Threads - Keyboard switched

2. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  3. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically: I've set up a profile with macro's for a game. The profile doesn't automatically switch when I launch the game, unless I launch Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre first. I can exit Mouse and Keyboard Centre before launching and it will switch profiles fine. Current solution...
  4. Sidewinder X4 keyboard profiles not switching automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  6. Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards

Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards: Stack overflow when switching between different language keyboards, using the icon on the task bar and its related pop-up list. I have several different language keyboards set up in my system. Whole system freeezes and I need to re-boot. Not possible to take a...
  7. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  8. Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji

Set Hiragana as Default when switching to Japanese Keyboard instead of Romaji: I want to open up again this discussion from 2014 Japaneses IME in hiragana by default - Microsoft Community and this one from 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-keyboard-hiragana-as-default/e29ff0c4-7f42-4ec8-9bb3-cdf3a8f1c0f210 years later,...
  9. How to easily switch from keyboard languages on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to easily switch from keyboard languages on Windows 11?: I've been trying to find a way to change my keyboard settings from qwerty to the standard Russian cyrillic keyboard. I have stickers with cyrillic letters on my laptop. On windows 10, I could see my keyboard settings in the lower right corner of my screen, allowing me to...
  10. How to easily switch from keyboard languages on Windows 11?

How to easily switch from keyboard languages on Windows 11?: I've been trying to find a way to change my keyboard settings from qwerty to the standard Russian cyrillic keyboard. I have stickers with cyrillic letters on my laptop. On windows 10, I could see my keyboard settings in the lower right corner of my screen, allowing me to...