Windows 10: keyboard symbols incorrect

Discus and support keyboard symbols incorrect in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; language symbols showing up for incorrect keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davysullys, Dec 31, 2018.

1. keyboard symbols incorrect

language symbols showing up for incorrect keys

:)

davysullys, Dec 31, 2018
  2. vwcook Win User

Keyboard returning incorrect symbols

I have just purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and brand new Microsoft keyboard Keyboard is returning incorrect symbols and is now very sluggish. Old keyboard which functioned fine with old PC is also now behaving the same when used on new PC and also
    returning incorrect symbols.

vwcook, Jan 10, 2020
  3. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 10, 2020
  4. keyboard symbols incorrect

keyboard symbols incorrect

language symbols showing up for incorrect keys

davysullys, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

keyboard symbols incorrect

1. keyboard symbols incorrect - Similar Threads - keyboard symbols incorrect

2. Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``: So I'm having trouble fixing double symbols appearing when pressing the keyboard just once. The symbols are: ~~ ^^ ´´ and I can't type accent letters such as: ã, á, é, etc.I've tried every fix I've found on the internet such as uninstalling my drivers on device manager,...
  3. Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double symbols on laptop keyboard ~~ ^^ ``: So I'm having trouble fixing double symbols appearing when pressing the keyboard just once. The symbols are: ~~ ^^ ´´ and I can't type accent letters such as: ã, á, é, etc.I've tried every fix I've found on the internet such as uninstalling my drivers on device manager,...
  4. Laptop Keyboard symbol error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard symbol error: Hi. My laptop keyboard has gone mad!!! A lot of the symbol characters have swapped around eg the "?" is now on the "_" button!the "&" is the "/" buttonthe Hashtag is a £ sign and others have moved. Its a nightmare to type!I have tried and it did Not work....Updated keyboard...
  5. Laptop Keyboard symbol error

Laptop Keyboard symbol error: Hi. My laptop keyboard has gone mad!!! A lot of the symbol characters have swapped around eg the "?" is now on the "_" button!the "&" is the "/" buttonthe Hashtag is a £ sign and others have moved. Its a nightmare to type!I have tried and it did Not work....Updated keyboard...
  6. altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols: Hi,Further to this closed thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working-on-certain-apps-under/39b7028e-9078-4bba-9bcb-dd09caa7d721altcodes still generating wrong characters/symbols. Final posting on thread states "This bug has been fixed...
  7. altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols

altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols: Hi,Further to this closed thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working-on-certain-apps-under/39b7028e-9078-4bba-9bcb-dd09caa7d721altcodes still generating wrong characters/symbols. Final posting on thread states "This bug has been fixed...
  8. Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spanish keyboard @ symbol: how to: I am using an 850 wireless keyboard and it has the @ symbol on the same key as Q, yet it is not located above Q, it is below, and white, not blue, so the FN key doesn't work to produce the symbol. I've tried all the other keys plus the Q but nothing seems to work... [IMG]...
  9. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...
  10. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why do I get an inverted comma symbol when I press the apps in

2. how to bring up open inverted commas

3. my at symbol and inverted commas are swapped