Windows 10: Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related

Discus and support Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a rather strange, and apparently unique issue.My PC sometimes stops accepting any sort of text input although the keyboard is still working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by António.Soares, May 11, 2021.

1. Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related

I'm having a rather strange, and apparently unique issue.My PC sometimes stops accepting any sort of text input although the keyboard is still working. All the special keys still work, I can even use special combinations like ctrl+c/ctrl-v, but I cannot input text anywhere.I try to unplug and plugin my Microsoft Wireless keyboard but it doesn't work, I have to completely reboot the PC for it to start working again.I noticed that this happens when I leave OneNote Office365 turned on and I saw online that there have been issues with OneNote and keyboard input, but only in inputing text in

:)

António.Soares, May 11, 2021
  2. wptski Win User

Keyboard stops working

I see a others postings like this. All of a sudden my keyboard stops inputting. It doesn't happen enough to blame a certain app or sequence. The device manager showing the keyboard as working. I have to reboot to correct the issue.

wptski, May 11, 2021
  3. Keyboard input lag (Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, Windows 10 20H2)

Hi there. I've got yet another Windows 10 problem. lol

This time it's my keyboard. I'm using a Logitech K270 wireless keyboard, on Windows 10 Pro 20H2. I have been experiencing keyboard input lag off and on for a couple months now, and I've searched for possible solutions, but none so far have worked. I was hoping you guys could suggest some fixes.

Here's what I've tried, based on the suggestions I've found on the web:
    • Updating the keyboard/dongle's drivers (there are no drivers on Logitechs's site, oddly) and firmware. Nope.
    • Swapping USB ports. Nada.
    • Unplugging any extraneous USB devices. Zilch.
    • Checking the batteries. No joy.

As I was typing this it was lagging here and there. It's a bit disconcerting. Anyway... I don't think I missed anything, but if you need more information or diagnostics, lemme know and I'll upload 'em.

GuyInDogSuit, May 11, 2021
  4. Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related

OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

1. Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    2. Open the page in which this error is shown
    3. On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    4. Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    5. Sync the changes from desktop to server
    6. After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related

1. Keyboard text input stops working until I reboot possibly OneNote related - Similar Threads - Keyboard text input

2. Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Randomly Stops Working until Unplugged and Reconnected: My Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 on my new build PC randomly stops working very sporadic, either mid typing so a key keeps repeating or just stops responding. It has happened three times now in a few days, I can't figure out any pattern as to what causes it. Unplugging the USB...
  3. Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Keyboard Input Glitch?: Hello community! I hope I can find the answer regarding my issue here.So it's been about a week since I first experienced a weird -- possibly bug -- related to my laptop's keyboard. It happened every time I finished filling up web browser form textfield, submitting the form...
  4. OneNote - perfect until shared - then the text moves.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneNote - perfect until shared - then the text moves.: I have been keeping a journal about COVID-19 and am pleased with the result. I am not a beginner.When I sync/share, there are issues.The text moves, often overlapping.Rendering it useless.Can I send you a screenshot?Can you help please? Disappointed....
  5. Keyboard number keys stop working until I reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard number keys stop working until I reboot.: My keyboard number keys the ones in a row above the letters, not the ones on the numeric keypad randomly stop working. I can't get them to work again without performing a reboot, although if I put up with it for a while, the problem sometimes fixes itself. I thought it was...
  6. OneNote 2016 Keyboard Shortcut Stopped Working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2016 Keyboard Shortcut Stopped Working: Hi Guys I use OneNote 2016 and one of my Keyboard shortcuts has stopped working. I use Ctrl + Alt + M to move items from my Inbox to other folders. For some reason it has stopped working all my other work !!! I have checked other apps to see if it conflicts but cannot find...
  7. Sound not working until reboot

Sound not working until reboot: Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10. What happens is this: 1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a bluetooth device. Audio works fine on the device too. 2. I turn off the headset. 3. I can't get any sound from native...
  8. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 1 or 2 weeks ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...
  10. Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown

Mouse and keyboard stop working until shutdown: Hello everyone, this problem had started for me only about 3 or so days ago, and is rather annoying. What happens is that randomly while using the mouse, it would freeze up and I would hear the "Device Disconnect" sound, and a second later the mouse would work again. This...