Windows 10: Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

Discus and support Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4 Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066 Running: Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes External USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrPepper, Apr 12, 2017.

1. DrPepper Win User

Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4
    Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066
    Running:
    Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes
    External USB mouse

Everything was functioning properly before the update. I've been running Win10 since it was released. After the update the keyboard & touch pad do not work. The system appears to boot normally. The external mouse works and I can position the pointer anywhere on the screen.
    According to IObit Driver Updater, all my drivers are up to date.
    Any suggestions on what I can do?

:)

DrPepper, Apr 12, 2017
  2. g1b3t Win User

Nokia 2520 Power keyboard not recognized

I have exactly the same issue with the 2520 tablet and keyboard/touchpad:

- keyboard and touchpad worked fine for several months

- all pins/connectors are clean and without any visible failures

- batteries are still recognized & working, the tablet just doesn't recognize the keyboard & the touchpad

- after attaching the keyboard a sound appears and a "Unknown USB device" message pops up

- the on-screen keyboard can be used only after the keyboard is detached

- the display orientation is locked if keyboard is attached and unlocked after it is detached

Looks like it's somewhat recogniced (on-Screen Keyboard disabled and display orientation locked) but the keyboard/touchpad drivers doesn't work anymore with Windows RT

g1b3t, Apr 12, 2017
  3. ASUS Smart Gesture not working after update to Win10 - disables touchpad and creates intermittent keyboard , UX303LN Notebook

Seriously?!, Is it not possible for ASUS to get it right. The Smart Gesture was a great feature in Win8.1 but after updating to Win10 not only does the new, most current touchpad drivers (ATK 038 and SmartGesture 406) disable the touchpad completely it
    also disables my keyboard.

I have been on chat sessions an multiple very long calls with ASUS tech support. No solution, no help. I even went back to 8.1 at the recommendation of ASUS tech. Guess what...the old Smart Gesture did not work then either. I am back to Win10. Smart
    Gesture has been removed.

Although I much prefer the mouse for cursur position and text seletion, the touchpad screen maneuvering is very convenient.

Anybody have any solutions. Otherwise I can think of a gesture for ASUS. I'd like for it to be the "thumbs up" gesture.

Thanks.

WillEggleston, Apr 12, 2017
  4. DrPepper Win User

In case anyone out there cares about this issue, it's resolved. Seems my BIOS got corrupted some how.

DrPepper, Apr 14, 2017
  5. I have the same issue how did you determine it was the bios and what steps did you take to fix it?

Oldgregggg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update - Similar Threads - Keyboard touchpad disabled

2. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  3. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update: Hello, I have a Lenovo T530 laptop. Until yesterday 9/2/2023,it was running fine. Yesterday morning, I did a scan to find outdated drivers. Found 7 of them. Updated them one at a time. After putting in the last one Did not know what it was for and restarting the machine,...
  4. Unresponsive keyboard/touchpad after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Asus precision touchpad finicky after win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus precision touchpad finicky after win10 update: Hello hello,My computer updated itself and now that it has, my trackpad is lagging and struggling on videogames that require its use in conjunction with the keyboard. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling, rolling back & updating drivers and suchlike but no dice. If I can't...
  6. Asus precision touchpad finicky after win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus precision touchpad finicky after win10 update: Hello hello,My computer updated itself and now that it has, my trackpad is lagging and struggling on videogames that require its use in conjunction with the keyboard. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling, rolling back & updating drivers and suchlike but no dice. If I can't...
  7. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update: I need help with my HP envy x360 laptop, it seems that everytime there is an update my touchpad and keyboard stop working. Last time I had this issue I had to take it to a repair shop and they had to reset my whole computer and I lost all my files. This time I backed up my...
  8. Keyboard not working after win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working after win10 update: Please Help Me After I did the update, my keyboard died. I try to install an external can not, the keyboard on the screen does not work, and appears error osk.exe. I can't do anything, because I have to enter a password to enter the homescreen, but the keyboard doesn't...
  9. keyboard disabled after update 1909

keyboard disabled after update 1909: after the update the keyboard was disabled. i uninstalled the drivers and re started but still the same. Its a Lenovo idea pad 330. I have to use the on screen one....
  10. After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working: When i install a fresh Win10x64Pro and install all drivers after reboot my keyboard and touchpad not working? Laptop not desktop HP Pavilion 15 d051su 137928

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus u57a-bbl4 touchpad driver windows 10